Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kind of annoyed

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:45 PM
  • 17 Replies

So in May of 2009 my DH went to Korea. Since I was not working at the time and all of my good friends had PCS somewhere else, I decided to go stay with family while he was gone. Since I didn't want to be dragging all of our household goods all over the country I talked to TMO about putting them in a local storage unit and then just having them moved when he got back. They said either they would pay for the storage or pay to move them so of course I opted to pay for the storage myself. At 65 dollars a month that was far less than a move would be! Anyway, we arrived at our base we are at now in September 2010 and moved all of our household goods out of storage. Since I had already mailed the check for the October rent, they said they would give me a refund check since I moved out before October. Here's my problem. I still haven't received my refund check! While I was there to open the storage and have the guys pack it all up I went to the office, gave them my new address, and she said they would probably mail it in a week. Well a few weeks came and went and nothing. So I tried calling and no one answers! Then in December I called and a lady answered and said that only her mother can issue the refund checks and that she was out of town and didn't know when she would be back. I have been trying to get a hold of these people and either no one answers or the line is busy :( Now, I know 65 dollars is no big deal, but it really bothers me that they said they would send it and its going on 7 months now! This is what I hate about businesses. If I owed them 65 dollars they would lock me out of my unit! But when they owe me money I just can't seem to get it! Sorry, vent over. I'm just annoyed with these people!!

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmclife58
by Nikki on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:53 PM

Oh man. I hope you get your money!

Maddies_mom101
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:26 PM

I would keep calling them bug the crap out of them

LancesMom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:33 PM

Call them over and over! HUgs!

LOswald0314
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:37 PM
Just keep on them about it. It's better to go in in person rather than call.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
seraphimsong
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:20 PM
Usually true, but it is in TX and we are in NM now! I did get a hold of a lady there finally! She send she has to send the stuff out to someone else who processes refunds and that she sent it so she doesn't know what happened but that she'll look into it and call me back. We'll see I guess!!

Quoting LOswald0314:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
seraphimsong
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:21 PM
*said, not send lol

Quoting seraphimsong:

Usually true, but it is in TX and we are in NM now! I did get a hold of a lady there finally! She send she has to send the stuff out to someone else who processes refunds and that she sent it so she doesn't know what happened but that she'll look into it and call me back. We'll see I guess!!

Quoting LOswald0314:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fisterswife
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:24 PM
Call the BBB and file a complaint.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Balancing
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:28 PM

is it a mom and pop place or franchise?  

mrs.trial
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:28 PM

same thing happened with me here in dc, and it was 200 a month from august of 10, and they still haven't returned the money and everytime i call the manager just sounds irritated with me and then tells me she has already taken care of the problem, i tell her it has never been refunded and she says she has already told the finance company they use to refund it and so it's not her problem anymore.  when i call the finance company they say they have never received anything from her to return the money.

mrs.trial
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:29 PM

i've thought of small claims court just because 200 is a lot of money to a family of 3 with one on the way, and i am mostly a SAHM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)