Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Disney World

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:45 PM
  • 14 Replies

DH and I have been talking about taking DD to Disney World for a while..She is in love with anything Disney related so I know she would just be ecstatic..I know they have some good military deals for park tickets but I was wondering about hotels..I saw somewhere it said up to 40% off resort rooms for Military ..Also we wanted to take her like the first week of December as a Christmas/Birthday present and im wondering if these deals are offered during the first week of that month ( I know they arent offered during the week of christmas for sure)...Just kind of wondering if anyone has gone and used the discounts and if you got a Disney Resort room as well...About how much was the overall total?? We are gonna have to fly since we live about 23 hours away and im not attempting to drive that with a toddler lol so since we are flying it would be best to stay at a disney hotel since they will shuttle you from the airport right?? Then we dont have to do a car rental...im assuming of course

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmclife58
by Nikki on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:51 PM

Bump!

gabsmome
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:28 PM

BUMP!

LOswald0314
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:53 PM
You should talk to the travel office on your base, then compare what they tell you to rates you find on the Internet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AllThatJazzy
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:57 PM

There is a "Military Hotel" on Disney "land" but sometimes the 40% off a regular disney hotel is cheaper. I'm pretty sure that the week you are talking about is considered off season. But def talk to a travel agent (that specializes in disney trips) and than call the disney reservation line back once a week from the time you make reservations until you get there, because sometimes they will give you additional savings and free stuff.

**do an internet search, there are entire websites dedicated to disney on cheap**

mom2cindylouwho
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:57 PM
Yes! Go to ITR with your dates & they'll do all the research for you. We just booked for Christmas at DW. ITR has taken all the stress out of it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yasbobari
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 2:35 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Italiancouture7
by Krystine on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:15 PM

Quoting mom2cindylouwho:

Yes! Go to ITR with your dates & they'll do all the research for you. We just booked for Christmas at DW. ITR has taken all the stress out of it.

If I may ask..Was it really expensive?? If we do something like this it will have to be the only thing we do for christmas! lol Which is fine with me but I want to make sure its not going to be mad expensive

jealousymagnet
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:34 PM
We are going to WDW in July. We are staying at the polynesian, which is a deluxe resort and got 40%.

We are staying 10 nights with the DDP, flights and tickets for 6500
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jealousymagnet
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:49 PM
And yes they have the "disney magical express" that takes you to and from Orlando International or MCO (airport code)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bramamber
by Amber on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:53 PM
This. We went to disney land in March and it was cheaper to stay off site even with the military discounts.

Quoting LOswald0314:

You should talk to the travel office on your base, then compare what they tell you to rates you find on the Internet.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)