Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:49 PM
  • 33 Replies

Ok so we are coming up on yet another deployment. DH has missed DD's 1st and 2nd bday and will miss her 3rd bday this June. Now she kinda gets that her bday is coming up and she can tell you exactly when it is. And she has asked DH over and over if he is coming to her birthday party. But I dont think she realizes that he will be gone. Would it be dumb to have her birthday party a month early? Do you think everyone would understand why we would have it early?

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Soniam301
by Sonia on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:50 PM

Nope. We have done that before. At this young of an age, I don't think they really know the difference.

slygrin
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:50 PM

I thinks its fine and I don't see why others wouldn't understand. 

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:51 PM

Heck yes, have it early! :-) 

musicmomma_89
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:51 PM

We did that for my sons 3rd birthday. He didn't really notice that it was early ans it was better than having his party without Daddy.

amberdy
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:51 PM

We have done it before.  My husband has missed 5 of my 8 yo dd's bdays and her birth.  We just celebrate late or early and have a small cake on her actual bday.

LOswald0314
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:52 PM
Of course people would understand. I dont think it's dumb at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
denise3680
by Bronze Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:52 PM

I see nothing wrong with it, let her have two, this one with all her friends and her daddy and when her b-day comes around just take her to a special place:)

USAFamily
by Melissa on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:54 PM

I totally think you should do it!! We did it for dd's 1st bday, it wasn't a big deal or anything. And it was nice to have DH there to celebrate!

macks_mommy
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:54 PM

i think its perfectly ok to move her party around to accomodate daddy's deployment schedule. i haven't had to do that yet but my sil does every year. her daughter's bday is 2 days after christmas and her dad is usually out to sea for christmas so they celebrate her bday in january. also this year their little boy is turning 1 and they celebrated his bday like 3 weeks early cause he left for sea about a week ago and will be gone for like 4-6 months this time.

thenguyenclan
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:56 PM

Quoting LOswald0314:

Of course people would understand. I dont think it's dumb at all.

this :-) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)