Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice for my friend regarding Tricare

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:25 PM
  • 11 Replies

My best friend is having a hip replacement tomorrow. Her husband is currently deployed, and his CoC refused to send him home for this. Will Tricare cover a home-health nurse or anything to help her once she is at home?

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
xxlilmomma09
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:30 PM

bump....

Balancing
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:31 PM

i would imagine they would because they would likely pay for skilled bed placement in the event she opted to complete her recovery in a nursing home.  She should call the discharge planning social worker at the hospital she is having the procedure at and ask.

i pesonally don"t know though

xxlilmomma09
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:36 PM

awesome. thank you ladies. she doesn't want to go into a rehab facility, so we are trying to figure out all of her other options.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:40 PM

I don't blame her. Those rehab places smell bad (to me). Plus, there is nothing like recovering at home.

bramamber
by Amber on Apr. 13, 2011 at 3:49 PM
This is good to know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lislynn
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:31 PM

If your friend has any trouble finding help, please let me know and I will be happy to do anything I can to assist.  Also, does she have kids? 

TippyD
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:52 PM

like PP said IF it is written properly yes.. they paid for a home nurse for my sister when my nephew was on chemo, they paid for her to come out and show my sister how to do the at home chemo:)

xxlilmomma09
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:58 PM
No. She doesn't have any children. She has hip dysplasia in both hips, and they are going to perform hip replacements. She is getting her right done tomorrow, and her left will be done in about 3 months. Her husband just deployed two months or so ago.

Quoting lislynn:

If your friend has any trouble finding help, please let me know and I will be happy to do anything I can to assist.  Also, does she have kids? 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asaffell
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 12:46 AM

Good luck to her!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)