Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

has anyone had roaches??

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:50 PM
  • 26 Replies

well i posted before about how we got placed into a home infested with roaches on post. We finally got my hubbys command involved and were getting moved into another house. My worry is that they climbed into my things and im going to take them with me. We just bought a washer and dryer and a new couch and all new rugs which we have in the house. As well as a tv, playstation, toddler bed, microwave. What can i do to make sure they didnt crawl into my couch and washer and stuff so i dont bring them with me into a brand new never been lived in house!

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmclife58
by Nikki on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:51 PM

I don't know that there is anything to do to keep them from hitching a ride :(

Vantrice
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:52 PM

Hmm.. Idk.   Maybe when you get in the new house, go ahead and set traps, etc, just in case.  That would kinda freak me out too.  Good luck!

Vantrice
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:53 PM

Quoting usmclife58:

I don't know that there is anything to do to keep them from hitching a ride :(

lol

2000SuperMommy
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:57 PM
I would buy some Roach bombs. You can get them in the Commissary and in the BX...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Balancing
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:57 PM

yeah I don't know...    I have never had them

here is a bump

babowes
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:58 PM
Yep...hawaii Is full with them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meka26
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:59 PM

I heard about roach bombs. I dont know how safe it is but I heard it works great. You might have to wash and wipe down your items afterwards. I know Wal-Mart has it.

LovingIT2008
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:00 PM
Have them come out and spray again and spray the new place.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amberdy
I would bomb the house you are currently in before you move your stuff. Then bomb again at your new house. I have never had roaches, but I'm guessing that would help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
isabeesmomma

bomb the house before you move and do NOT let them bring cardboard boxes from the old house to the new house. When I was a kid a house on post got infested with german roaches we used roach gel and bombed the house before we moved and we also did it after we moved everything in the house before we bought food and it took care of everything (when I say bombed I mean like a bug fogger not like a grenade bombing)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)