Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So this is something I just don't understand

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:18 PM
  • 22 Replies

They have these guys in Recruiting School take all these classes and pass all these test, and in the process scare the crap outta the good ones about the divorce rate of families on recruiting duty...and then as their class function MAKE them go to places like the Tilted Kilt...isn't that just bass-ackwards from what they've just taught them...to keep it in their pants, and take your wife to lunch once a week, and even though you're gonna have a super rough schedule...do your best to give attention to your family...and talk to your wife often about "strange" circumstances you may run across?!?! Why don't they just take them all to a topless bar and tell them they'll get an instant promotion if they don't tell their wives...wth?!?!?! What's wrong with a NORMAL sports bar or something? Especially when they just got done telling them that 1/2 of them will get out of this 3 year experience divorced...are you kidding me??!?!? Whatever happened to lead by example...

Nicki, Proud Marine Wife to Jeremy, Proud Mommy to BIG BROTHER, Christian and LITTLE SISTER Samantha....... and surprise bun in the oven!!!!

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Soniam301
by Sonia on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:21 PM

They cant force your husband to go. For me, I don't care, I have enough trust in my husband that I would tell him to have fun.

And recruiting is very hard on a marriage. the divorce rate is actually higher then 50% it is more like 80%.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:23 PM

I do not understand either...

anikahaynes1
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:24 PM
We almost haventmade it threw recruiting. But you will survive it based on your husbands commitment and loyalty and love of his family or not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dazybug2
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:25 PM

I'm not worried about my husband either...it just doesn't make ANY sense...seems like a bass-ackwards way to celebrate when you just got told that some of your marriages WON'T last...and I know that guys are wired differently than girls, and since there's soooo much there to look at it's not gonna be easy for him not to see anything, but he obviously won't do anything...but like I said...just makes NO sense...it would make more sense to make all married future recruiters attend a marriage retreat before check in that their RS...LOL

USAFamily
by Melissa on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Yeah they don't force them to go, but they also encourage them and give them shit if they don't (at least they have to my DH). My Dh still doesn't go, but I also think it's a shitty example to set.

dazybug2
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:28 PM

I know...and I have complete faith in us and our relationship...and also had some super good advice from a good friend...so I'm not worried at all..

.I feel bad for one of his classmates though...got kicked from school cause his wife filed for divorce...they only have 6 more class days left!!! How heartless!!!

Quoting anikahaynes1:

We almost haventmade it threw recruiting. But you will survive it based on your husbands commitment and loyalty and love of his family or not.

Nicki, Proud Marine Wife to Jeremy, Proud Mommy to BIG BROTHER, Christian and LITTLE SISTER Samantha....... and surprise bun in the oven!!!!

Momto3Munchins
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:29 PM

I personally don't care if my husband does this or not. But I do understand where you're coming from. My husband is finishing up his last year of recruiting and despite it's bad reputation it's been decent for us. The Army had changed the standards on the hours and mandated that it be 9-5 with only processing Saturday being worked. Despite the chaos of recruiting, it's been very beneficial for us and has allowed my husband to complete his green to gold packet as well as affording me the opportunity to complete an associates degree in medical assisting. Not to mention we were also able to have our third child! :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

dazybug2
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:31 PM

Quoting USAFamily:

Yeah they don't force them to go, but they also encourage them and give them shit if they don't (at least they have to my DH). My Dh still doesn't go, but I also think it's a shitty example to set.

Exactly!!!

dazybug2
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:36 PM

Quoting Momto3Munchins:

I personally don't care if my husband does this or not. But I do understand where you're coming from. My husband is finishing up his last year of recruiting and despite it's bad reputation it's been decent for us. The Army had changed the standards on the hours and mandated that it be 9-5 with only processing Saturday being worked. Despite the chaos of recruiting, it's been very beneficial for us and has allowed my husband to complete his green to gold packet as well as affording me the opportunity to complete an associates degree in medical assisting. Not to mention we were also able to have our third child! :)

I wish...LOL...last my husband talked to his Staff NCO, they've been working til 9/10 pm.

Despite all the "horror stories" and bad reputation, I'm actually looking forward to it. I know that half the battle is in my attitude toward his work/schedule and what I'm willing to do to "meet him where he is"...so I'm ready for it!! :D (Coincidentally we're newly pregnant with our 3rd)

Vantrice
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:44 PM

Seems pretty contradicting to me. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)