Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WIC recipes?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:43 PM
  • 31 Replies
What do you do with your WIC stuff? We use most if ours but we have beans and peanut butter for days. I know we can donate them and we will probably five some away.

What do you make with your WIC foods?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
USAFamily
by Melissa on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:46 PM

I don't get WIC anymore, but the Texas WIC program has added fruits and veggies to the program. So it's definitely easier to meal plan :)

mommamiller0809
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:50 PM

for the peanut butter I would make peanut butter cookies, peanut butter bars...breakfast wraps...oh this one is kind of perfect for you - creamy peanut butter bean salad  peanut butter and jelly pizza hehe I could keep looking, but Jif seems to have lots of yummy looking recipes on their site!

llove12
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:06 PM
The peanut butter bars sound good. I will make that for our next playdate. I wanted to make chili today but we had tomato paste Instead of sauce.

I wish they had a recipe book that combined all the food they provide. Like a WIC for dummies lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
musicmomma_89
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:07 PM

My kids eat so much peanut butts, I never have a problem with that one. lol. My son likes when I spread Peanut Butter on waffles for breakfast. I do Have a bottom cabnet full of dried beans though. lol. My mom said I should use them for art projects and stuff with the kids. :)

I know that somewhere there is a website of recipes using only WIC. I can't remamber what it was now though.

asaffell
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:08 PM

I use peanut butter in stir-fry sauce. But it has to be the no sugar stuff.

Mix it with some brown sugar, soy sauce, and a little bit of sesame oil.

llove12
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:13 PM
No one in our house eats peanuts butts LOL! I've been buying the canned beans instead of bagged but we will switch over and make Hella crafts! My son will love that idea. Thank you.

Quoting musicmomma_89:

My kids eat so much peanut butts, I never have a problem with that one. lol. My son likes when I spread Peanut Butter on waffles for breakfast. I do Have a bottom cabnet full of dried beans though. lol. My mom said I should use them for art projects and stuff with the kids. :)

I know that somewhere there is a website of recipes using only WIC. I can't remamber what it was now though.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aqua_Jen
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Im not on WIC anymore but when I would have stuff leftover, I just put it in my food storage.

asdenyesmom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:25 PM
Ummm...I don't receive it, but maybe I should go ahead and apply. I coykd use some extra peanut butter. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asdenyesmom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:25 PM
*could lol

Quoting asdenyesmom:

Ummm...I don't receive it, but maybe I should go ahead and apply. I coykd use some extra peanut butter. Lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blondie.mom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:29 PM
You can make chilli with paste, just use extra water , i just made some killer three bean and ground turkey chilli in my crockpot yesterday

Quoting llove12:

The peanut butter bars sound good. I will make that for our next playdate. I wanted to make chili today but we had tomato paste Instead of sauce.

I wish they had a recipe book that combined all the food they provide. Like a WIC for dummies lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)