Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your Opinion Please (Vent)

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:19 AM
  • 25 Replies

SO is deployed. We are not married. His mom takes money from his account. When he confronts her about it, she gets pissed. She says that he should help her. She has a husband and she works two jobs. Where the hell is her money going. Last year she took money from his account. I told her that it was stealing b/c she didn't have his permission. I only gave my opinion on the issue b/c she called me talking about it. She said he should have called her so she could tell him that she needed money. I told him to call her, but he wouldn't b/c he knew what she wanted. Anyway, she was pissed at me b/c of what I said to her. She told his family that i'm trying to turn her son against her. WTF!!! I told SO that he needed to handle his mom b/c she has gone too far.  When he confronted her about the BS, she said it seemed like he cared about me more than her. WTF!! So tonight it happened again. She wrote another check. I told him to not call me talking about it b/c I don't want to hear it. When he came home for r&r he could have went to the bank and handled the situation, but he didn't. So that led me to believe he didn't want to fix the problem. I am done with his stupid ass mom. If she thinks for one second she's about to run this relationship than she is very wrong. He can either lay down the law with her or he can watch me walk away. I'm planning to marry him soon, and I will not let her cause problems b/t us. Am I wrong?

by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pugsmuggler
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:21 AM
You're not wrong. His mom has no business with his money.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asaffell
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:24 AM

Quoting Pugsmuggler:

You're not wrong. His mom has no business with his money.

jonellg
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:26 AM

HOw does she get into his account? Does she have a POA?

seraphimsong
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:34 AM

He should change his password if she is doing it online. If she is doing it at the bank she would either need a POA or be on the acct so technically she has access to it. He needs to change that!!!

seraphimsong
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:35 AM

Not saying she has the right to steal his money, if that is not what he wants, but he should probably take care of it asap!!

CountryStrong84
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:38 AM

Sounds like she has his POA. If he is deployed someone has to have it, and since its not you, it probably is her.

lindyloobell
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:20 AM

You're definitely not wrong. Imo, his mom is. How dare she take advantage of her son and his earnings? My parents would never dream of taking money from me, and I could never dream of taking my son's money.

Also, in my experiences, you got MIL probs now, u will have them later. You are ultimately marrying his family as well. Hope everything gets straightened out for you!!

yasbobari
by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:36 AM
Agree with first paragraph

Quoting lindyloobell:

You're definitely not wrong. Imo, his mom is. How dare she take advantage of her son and his earnings? My parents would never dream of taking money from me, and I could never dream of taking my son's money.

Also, in my experiences, you got MIL probs now, u will have them later. You are ultimately marrying his family as well. Hope everything gets straightened out for you!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
feliciouss626
by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:38 AM

YOU GO GIRL!

heatherbarr
by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:59 AM

No you are not wrong, why does his mom have access to his account?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)