Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Loadmaster job in the airforce??any one know

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:16 AM
  • 7 Replies

So my hubby wants to cross train into load master job..he is going to start everything october/november and they told him he would go to school in january..ish.. he doesnt know how long the school is yet.. does anyone know how long they are gone for when they go to school for this job and how much they actually tdy/deploy..i know it was like 200 something days out of the year like a certain days out of the month but what is this job really besides loading the plane? what is he getting into basically lol

R.I.P DADDY 10/26/59-8/24/08..      Working mommy..Airforce wifey Since May17-08 Mommy to a crazy little boy since May9-09.

baby boy in love

by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jonellg
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:14 AM

They are incharge of everything on the plane, my roomate was a load master and she loved it. But she was always gone, if the plane goes you go so that's a lot of travel. I don't know much more sorry.

yasbobari
by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:33 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heatherbarr
by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:52 AM

I don't know, bump.

babowes
by on May. 21, 2011 at 7:53 AM
I think there are some in here good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maddies_mom101
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:07 AM

one of my friends husband is a load master ... he was gone for school about 6 months and he is deployed or tdy ALOT! I mean she rarely sees him becuase of flights to here or there   on top of 6 month deployments

USAFamily
by Melissa on May. 21, 2011 at 9:57 AM

My DH was a weapons troop early on in his carreer and worked with loadmasters. He said the ones he knew liked their job a lot but they deploy all the time.

Good luck!

usmclife58
by Nikki on May. 21, 2011 at 12:28 PM

Quoting yasbobari:

Bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)