Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Nutbrown hare

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:45 AM
  • 11 Replies

Ok so DH is getting ready to leave we went to hallmark to get a recordable book. (btw if any of you have a boy the Curious George book is the way to go. Its really good and about following your dreams!) Anyways we were looking through each book and in one of the books the main character is a rabbit and his name is Nutbrown Hare...Really? You couldn't think of anything else to name a rabbit. Just sounds so wrong lol

by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
violinjewel
by Julia on May. 21, 2011 at 8:46 AM
Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vantrice
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:08 AM

Oh wow, when I saw the title of your post, I was thinking "that sounds kind of strange".  lol    Sometimes I wonder about authors of childrens books.. lol.   What are their intentions?

yasbobari
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:17 AM
Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommatothree01
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:19 AM

This was dd's FAVORITE book when she was little, so dh decided to make a video of him reading it to her when she was 2 before he deployed.  We were watching it right after he left and EVERY time he said 'Brown nut hair' instead of Nutbrown hare.  It was such a funny reminder of him every time I watched it.

EricaG87
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2011 at 9:28 AM

LOL!

Quoting mommatothree01:

This was dd's FAVORITE book when she was little, so dh decided to make a video of him reading it to her when she was 2 before he deployed.  We were watching it right after he left and EVERY time he said 'Brown nut hair' instead of Nutbrown hare.  It was such a funny reminder of him every time I watched it.

tanya_marieh
by Tanya on May. 21, 2011 at 9:31 AM

Here is a story before bed.  You can record a video on the computer with books.  I believe they do a free book for military but I am not sure.  They do have free books that you can record though also and the prices are very reasonable.

Vantrice
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:34 AM

Quoting mommatothree01:

Omg, that made me laugh so hard!! LOL    Sounds like my husband, he would totally say that.  haha

mamamissy23
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:39 AM

Quoting mommatothree01:

OMG lol too funny!

mamamissy23
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:41 AM

Quoting Vantrice:

Oh wow, when I saw the title of your post, I was thinking "that sounds kind of strange".  lol    Sometimes I wonder about authors of childrens books.. lol.   What are their intentions?

Yea lol..some books are just weird!

SarahJean70
by on May. 21, 2011 at 10:06 AM
I don't see the big deal: it's a hare and he's the color of a nut.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)