Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just get over it!!

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:52 PM
  • 14 Replies

I rarely do this, but I need to vent before I kick someone and I don't want to do it one of the baby groups. 

I am due on Monday, and am attempting a VBAC.  Now that I am so close to my due date, everyone is freaking out on me about when this baby is going to come.  At my appt yesterday, my midwife kept going on about how she wanted to strip my membranes, and how if by tuesday I haven't gone into labor we may have to "look at my other options", meaning just giving up and doing an induction or c-section.  She said most other women who want a VBAC aren't as patient as me and decide to just have a c-section if they haven't gone into labor by 39 weeks.  Don't get me wrong I'm not anti-anything, I'd just like the experience of actually being in labor.....not too mention the fact that induction after a c-section isn't the safest route.  So, she mentions trying castor oil.....which I did yesterday.  Nothing happened....literally nothing....I guess I'm immune?!?  So my mom is texting me all day asking me if it's working, telling me to take a dose every 2 hours!  Like I want to make myself so sick I can't leave the bathroom just so I could "possibly" kick start contractions.  

Then, we go to a chili cookoff for DH's company and his higher ups keep asking me when the baby is coming, if I am going to be scheduling an induction, whether or not my first came early or late, etc.  I'm getting really tired of telling people he was an emergency c-section and it's irrelevant to this baby.  They keep texting him asking if he knows when he will start his paternity leave......no.....he won't know until I actually go into labor, how hard is that to understand?!?

I'm in no rush....and I'm getting to the point where I'd be ok with this baby staying in another week just to piss everyone else off.....but I'm getting really tired of being pressured, as if I can actually control when baby will be ready.

by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LOswald0314
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2011 at 2:53 PM

If you made it through all of that non-sense, thanks!

ArmyWifeAshlie
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:54 PM
That would all irritate me too! I hope your VBAC is successful! Baby will come when ready :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jonellg
by on May. 21, 2011 at 2:55 PM

THe baby will come when it's ready tell everyone to STFU.

EricaG87
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2011 at 2:59 PM

I would be annoyed too! they need to lay off the pregnant woman.

AlphaTango11
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:00 PM

The last couple weeks and days are the most frustrating! Your baby will come when he/she is ready and I hope that you have a successful delivery!

I had my membranes scraped twice (owww!) and it didn't help me go into labor any faster. I also took Evening Primrose capsules (like 6 a day) and that helped dilate/soften my cervix like crazy. I also sexually assaulted my husband like 3 times a day because I wanted that baby out!!!

LOswald0314
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2011 at 3:04 PM

I don't know why but I'm so scared of having my membranes stripped! I just hate the thought of going through it and it not helping at all!  I completely forgot about the evening primrose capsules though.....and I'm tired of having to put in all the effort to have sex right now.  I think DH is getting weird about it and I have to force it to make it happen.

Quoting AlphaTango11:

The last couple weeks and days are the most frustrating! Your baby will come when he/she is ready and I hope that you have a successful delivery!

I had my membranes scraped twice (owww!) and it didn't help me go into labor any faster. I also took Evening Primrose capsules (like 6 a day) and that helped dilate/soften my cervix like crazy. I also sexually assaulted my husband like 3 times a day because I wanted that baby out!!!

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on May. 21, 2011 at 3:20 PM

Yikes! I wouldn't want to go the castor oil or membrane stripping, either. If you want to try moving labor along, try some nipple stimulation. Sex is good too! The prostiglandin from semen helps soften the cervix. You aren't overdue at this point, right? 

yasbobari
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:38 PM

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

Yikes! I wouldn't want to go the castor oil or membrane stripping, either. If you want to try moving labor along, try some nipple stimulation. Sex is good too! The prostiglandin from semen helps soften the cervix. You aren't overdue at this point, right? 

This... i know its hard but just try to relax...(i would not do anymore castor oil either..and turn off that cel! ;) I had my first vaginally and the second c section (she was breech)

TippyD
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:36 PM

ok, couple things, try evening primrose oil caplets, *you can poke a hole in it and put it near your cervix*  before castor oil, all it will do is make ya poo if anything:)  as for induction it is NOT the safest route! you are most definitely right about that.. and WTH happened to pregnancy being AVERAGE of 40 weeks? 40 weeks is NOT a damn expiration date*sigh*  that being said, they cant FORCE you into an induction or a c/s and all the stres is not going to help...  just do what you are going to do, I know oyu can do it and I am sending labor vibes your way sweetie! good luck and I hope you get a VBAC:)

TippyD
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:38 PM

oh also, I have a friend that turned off her cell phone. she told everyone that she would send a text when the baby was here, but until then, the family was turning off their phones and any and all call would NOT be answered. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)