Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

he doesn't want me anymore :(

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:20 PM
  • 36 Replies
My fiance and I honestly have not known each other that long but we are going through something really hard and I need help. This is his 4th deployment, this is the first time I have ever gone through this before. He has now been gone 3.5 months with 6 to go. I work a lot 50-60 hours a week. I'm a mom and I work and I don't really have a life. I go to work and come home. I don't go out, I don't party... My SO told me today that he thinks he needs time apart. He says I'm not there for him and I don't make him a priority. I do everything I can. I even took off work every Friday because it's his few hours off. I send him letters, cards and care packages. He says that he doesn't know where this is going. It make me really sad. I love him but I do things too. I don't just sit on my ass. I work, I have a 8.5 month old, I also have laundry and dishes and other things that everyone else has to do just the same. I told him I would give him his space--but really. You put a ring on my finger and now you don't want me anymore. No I don't know what he is going through--I'm sure it's hell over there but why can't he see that I don't just fill up my time with nothing. That being a mom is a job in itself. I do let the dishes go and the laundry go so that I can talk to him but then it leaves me more time crunched than later. I work a lot of damn hours. I need a hot bubble bath at least 2 a month to give me some me time. I miss him too, it's not like he's the only one. I'm sorry if I sound selfish, I truley am not trying to be but I've asked what to do before when he said he was sad and then depressed and then he didn't give a shit about anything and everyone said to keep doing what I am doing and now--he wants time away from me--this is horrible.
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jonellg
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:23 PM

Asking for space is odd to me, he's in another country how much more space can he need? How long were you together before he left?

ASigler86
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:24 PM

i'm sorry momma...:-( Here's a HUG, I hope everything works out for the best.

kaylamae90
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:25 PM
You have to just give him his space and hope he comes around.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
penneylane
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2011 at 5:32 PM
Quoting jonellg:

Asking for space is odd to me, he's in another country how much more space can he need? How long were you together before he left?

Kristi483
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:49 PM

Quoting jonellg:

Agreed that's odd Also, how much more can you do to make him a priority when he is that far away sounds like you do everything you can.  I hope he comes around

infmansgirl
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:54 PM

Forget it---He just decided to call off the wedding.  my life sucks

yasbobari
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:57 PM
:( wow! Sorry mama! Big hugs!

Quoting infmansgirl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yasbobari
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:57 PM
What did he say?

Quoting infmansgirl:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jonellg
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Well, damn. I'm sorry. *hugs*

Quoting infmansgirl:

Kristi483
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:00 PM

I am so sorry (hugs)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)