• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

aaand sh!t person of the year goes tooooo.....

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:36 PM
  • 18 Replies
ME! The dog growled and snapped at ds again the other day and I told dh she had to go. So tomorrow we are taking her up to the Portland Pug rescue group...its best for her and us. Both of us have been crying, I feel like a major bish. I have done everything I can to 'fix' the dog...she has only gotten worse....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CountryStrong84
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:37 PM

Good for you mama. Ill never understand people who put their pets above thier children's safety :))

Kristi483
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:38 PM

(Hugs) I know it's hard but you are doing the right thing. Your son's safety comes first. You did your best.  Sounds like the dog would be better suited in another home. Not like you are dumping her out on the street or something.

LOswald0314
by Ruby Member on May. 21, 2011 at 11:40 PM

You're doing the right thing! If the dog's not happy and putting your child in danger it's all you can do! 

TippyD
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:41 PM

:( I have a friend that had to put their dog down this week. broke my heart, but I understood why they had to. the dog bit *and drew blood* on their son and growled/snarled at my friend.. he just was not in a good mental place. I loved their dog and will miss him:(  good luck sweetie! it is better that he goes to a non child home now than bite your kid.

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on May. 21, 2011 at 11:45 PM

I'm sorry, Mama. Don't beat yourself up. You have done all you can but DS's safety comes first. Hugs! 

penneylane
by Silver Member on May. 21, 2011 at 11:53 PM

you acted like a mom. sometimes you do things you wish you didnt have to do but have to do it anyways for the kids

usmclife58
by Nikki on May. 21, 2011 at 11:54 PM
Agreed.

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

I'm sorry, Mama. Don't beat yourself up. You have done all you can but DS's safety comes first. Hugs! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BlueEyez217
by on May. 22, 2011 at 12:39 AM

Kudos for taking her to a rescue and not the pound! Im sure she'll be just fine! I had to give my dog away after my son was born, I was so tore up about it. He was a silky terrier adn used to being the center of attention. But youre doing what needs to be done, the safety of your child is more important! Thank goodness she hasn't bitten him yet.

lindyloobell
by on May. 22, 2011 at 1:04 AM

Don't feel bad, and it is sad. I had to get rid of my "baby" Jett, a sheltie I had for over 2 yrs. He was my frist pet ever and he kept me company while my husband was away and I was by myself... I loved him to death, but he was getting very nervously aggressive. I did everything I could to "fix" him as well, but it just wasn't happening... It's been almost 2 yrs now and I still think about him all the time and wonder where he is and how he's doing. But my son came first.

Pugsmuggler
by on May. 22, 2011 at 1:50 AM
Thanks ladies! It helps to know I'm not evil.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)