Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Is a sexless marriage a good enough reason to cheat?

Posted by   + Show Post

Tell me your thoughts on this.

My Wife Won't Have Sex with Me' Is a Pathetic Excuse to Cheat

Posted by Jacqueline Burt
on May 27, 2011 
mad couple

Awww. Poor Arnold Schwarzenegger. It's not his fault he cheated -- Maria's a prude, apparently, and their marriage was sexless! Well, this changes everything! What else was the poor, neglected guy supposed to do? It's just like when Jesse James justified cheating on Sandra Bullock and compared her (unfavorably) to his new flame's performance in bed (Kat Von D).

We forgive you, Arnold and Jesse ... not!!

Cheating on a spouse is bad enough, but to try to pin the blame on her after you split up ... well, that's just pathetic. And it's not just celebs who try to use this get-out-of-jail-free card; I've heard plenty of everyday men cop the same lame excuse. This is a two-fold offense: First, if sex was really the problem in a couple's marriage, it's safe to say both parties were at fault (maybe she wasn't "in the mood" because he doesn't know what the definition of "foreplay" is). These are issues that both spouses need to be vocal about on a consistent basis, talking through problems as they come up. Second, if a woman's been cheated on, guess what? She already feels like a doormat. To diss her sexual skills after you've already broken her heart is tacky, it's cruel ... it's a big bowl of wrong, that's what it is.

Of course, in the end this kind of behavior has the exact opposite effect of what these guys intended: It makes them look like total d-bags and their wives look like saints. It also makes them look insecure, which makes everyone doubt their sexual skills ("No wonder she didn't want to have sex with you!"). So yeah, go ahead and run your mouth off, Arnie. We'll just snicker about the side effects of all those steroids you did.

by on May. 28, 2011 at 5:33 PM
Replies (11-20):
katelynsmommy30
by Bronze Member on May. 28, 2011 at 6:21 PM
Yes....therapy or just end the marriage if your not happy and content. Not having sex should be NO reason to cheat, if that's the case then there are def more underlying problems than a spouse not having sex. Takes 2 to make a marriage work!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ma2calebzoeyeli
by on May. 28, 2011 at 6:29 PM

No.  If you can't stay faithful get a divorce before you cheat.

Maddies_mom101
by on May. 28, 2011 at 7:17 PM

I was watching some TV show/documentary  about people that actually have a marriage that is sexless and  took a vow to make it that way......

SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on May. 28, 2011 at 7:22 PM

It's a good enough reason for divorce -- but not a good enough reason to cheat.

kirita323
by on May. 28, 2011 at 9:04 PM

I'm in a sexless marriage- hubby's deployed. Should one of us cheat?

thenguyenclan
by on May. 28, 2011 at 9:08 PM

Quoting mommywife06:

No not a good enough reason. Why didn't you bring up to your spouse how you felt and ask why your marriage has no intimacy. Cheating is no excuse. Communication is key

this exactly

meka26
by Bronze Member on May. 28, 2011 at 9:30 PM

NO, if you can't respect your vows or the person you're with, you should divorce.

Manda_Evans
by on May. 28, 2011 at 9:56 PM

no reason is a good reason

violinjewel
by Julia on May. 28, 2011 at 10:46 PM
Definitely not a good reason. It's a sad excuse.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
drinnian
by on May. 28, 2011 at 11:45 PM

Absolutely not.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)