Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Don't ring my d**n doorbell.

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:48 PM
  • 41 Replies
I need to put that sign on my door

My hands are still shaking. Deployment nerves- 'nuff said.

Anyone else have something that makes you gittery?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kelly.Marie.105
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:02 PM

OMG I would flip. My nerves are already shot so it doesn't take much to make me gittery. 

SarahJean70
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:06 PM
I feel like a wuss. And, poor kid selling magazines was the recipient of a hasty goodbye.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yasbobari
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:16 PM
Aww! Sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jakeswife05
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:29 PM

Oh I do. When my husband was deployed last time a friend of mine asked earlier in the day if her husband could store his vehicle at my house while he was deployed. I told her yeah no problem and what time he would be by to drop it off. Well she never answered me back and I completely forgot about him coming by. That night I was laying in bed and my doorbell rings. I was told before my husband deployed that they only do notifications between the hours of 6am-10pm. SO when I looked over at my clock and seen that it was 9:45 I started to freak out. I walked to my front door and looked through the peep hole but forgot I couldnt see out the peep hole because of the decoration I had hanging there. So I opened the door and noticed it was a friend of mine that brought my husband friend over to drop off his car. I started to cry and she imediately asked me what was wrong. I told her and she gave me a hug and asked if I was ok. I told her to let me put my heart back in place and take a deep breath and I would be a little better. I couldnt stop shaking the entire they were over. I dont ever want to have that feeling come over me again.

CafeMom Tickers
Kelly.Marie.105
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:29 PM

Don't feel like a wuss! I would have felt the same way. I hate it when my phone rings during the week. My heart sinks. 

Quoting SarahJean70:

I feel like a wuss. And, poor kid selling magazines was the recipient of a hasty goodbye.

violinjewel
by Julia on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:35 PM

Sorry.

ma2calebzoeyeli
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:36 PM

I am the same way ;o/.  

lilnena98
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:37 PM

i know the feeling. It happen to me and let me tell you I thought I was going to lose it.

victoriaherring
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:38 PM
I always freaked out when a number I didn't know called unless it was one of the crazy forgein numbers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eranne
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:16 PM

The door bell doesn't really get me but phone calls from numbers that I don't know, definitely do. It's bad when it's my house phone, when it's my cell I almost have a heart attack.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)