Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I stood my ground.

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:30 PM
  • 22 Replies

If you wanna see me and my kids this summer, you're coming to Texas dammit.  I will not sit at your house while everyone works, and then after 5:00 be pulled in 10 different directions.  Not again.

I'm not going through the hell we went through at Christmas time!  So, since I told my dad I'm not going home, stood my ground, he will be flying out HERE end of July.  I think I may be growing some kahunas.  lmao

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pugsmuggler
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:32 PM

YES!!!! Same junk happened to us...not doing it again people. 

ma2calebzoeyeli
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:33 PM

Yay!   I am going home in July but told my family they could come see me at Christmas ;o)

yasbobari
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:33 PM
Lmao!! Nice! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
violinjewel
by Julia on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:33 PM

See, we tell my family that, and thye have only visited us in CO about three times in the almost 5 years that we have lived here. My twin sister has yet to even make the trip:(

Kelly.Marie.105
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:34 PM

way to go

lilnena98
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:36 PM

Good job!! I do that when we go home to visit. Both dh and I are from Cali and we have family spread out. So they know if they want to see us they know the rules.

Vantrice
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:38 PM

We learned the hard way, Christmas was rough, it ended horribly, and our family usually doesn't argue like that.  Emotions were so high, everyone wanted to see us, and it just exploded.  We may go home NEXT year, but this year, not doing it.

JMmama
by Kara on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:55 PM

Good for you!

macks_mommy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:28 PM

good for you and i'm lucky that our families are only 10 min away from each other. but this year for christmas i don't think i'll be going anywhere unless the hubby really wants to and can manage to drag me down there. last year we were gearing for a deployment and i was having to make back and forth trips from oregon to washington for doctor appts and what not. if i can avoid that i will at all costs for this year.

LOswald0314
by Ruby Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:31 PM
Good for you! It just works better that way for a lot of families.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)