Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Space A

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:43 PM
  • 3 Replies
Can anyone give me info on it?

I've known about it for years, but never tried to use it. I'm thinking about using it to take my kids to AL so we won't have to drive there twice in a month, especially since we just drove there at the end of April.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:14 PM

If you are flying within the US you have to fly with your sponser.  They also have to be on leave or orders.

krissy920
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:51 PM

I flew from Hawaii to sc on space A May 1st this year. I went as a dependant with my 2 kids, my husband  is still working in hawaii. We got on a c17. I wish i had known everyone on hops brings inflatable rafts to sleep on, they looked much more comfy then sitting on the jump seat or sleeping on the floor. You can buy meals in the terminal ahead of time. Also flight info can change any time and they dont tell you. My flight was supposed to stop in travis and they didnt. When stuff happends like that you could have no way to clal and let people know your tmes changed, so stay on it and ask as you are taking off if anything has changed. The c 17 was loud as heck id bring headphones if i didnt have 2 little kids. There was plenty of room for car  seats and all the flight attendants and crew chiefs aboard were awesome and helped me with the kids. Someone mentioned before ( i used their advice) sit in the middle of the jet its perfect temp. We had a great flight and id do it again. The only issue we had was landing they didnt depressurize like a normal plane. It felt like my ears were bleeding i was in so much pain. My kids were screaming they were dying ( 1 and 4)

armywife1229
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:29 PM

You can't use it in the states unless you are on leave with your service member or he is deployed for more than 180 days.

Takeahop.com or call your local AMC.

Its a great thing if you can be flexible. But summer is the worst time to travel.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)