Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is anyone stationed in Guam?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:14 PM
  • 8 Replies

We could possibly be going to Guam.  We would live on the Navy base.  Can anyone give me info about what there is to do there.  What the elementary school is like?  How long is the wait for housing?  How big are the houses?  DO we need to bring our washer and dryer??  Also, is one car enough?

Thanks for the help!

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
macks_mommy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:20 PM

after the hubby gets home i can give you some info as he was there for 3 years.

coodychan
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:41 PM

I grew up there (YEARS ago..lol) and went to Harry S. Truman Elementary school there.  One of my sisters and her family still live in Guam.  I miss it there.  

If you like outdoor activities and the beach then guam is your place =).  It's a popular tourist spot for Asian countries, mostly Japanese tourists.  

There's a KMart, Ross and a couple of other stores....no walmart/target.  The Navy PX is nice as is the commissary.  

Sweety0024
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:07 PM

Thanks for the info.  Any info is great to hear.  I think it would be a nice placed to be stationed because we enjoy outdoor activities.  It won't bother me that there isn't a Walmart or Target.  I have also heard that it is a great place to be stationed if you want to travel..which we do.  I have one son that is 6 and will be going into 1st grade and a 3 year that I would like to put in preschool part time.  DO you know if the military will pay to put some stuff in long term storage?

Thanks again!

JGordonNo1Fan
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:40 PM

Its warm all the time, I know that!!! I wish we were able to go there! lol

coodychan
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 7:43 PM
I don't see why they wouldn't pay for long term storage. We were stationed in Japan, and we had to put things in long term storage. Transportation should. Be able to tell u all that stuff. I miss it dearly there. Great food and neat festivals too. Definitely take advantage of Space A flights out of the AFB.
jenkybrie
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 7:50 PM

I lived there for 12 years....feel free to message me!

yasbobari
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 8:03 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bramamber
by Amber on Jun. 6, 2011 at 8:34 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)