Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why can't women be comfortable in their own skin? (piog)

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:24 PM
  • 64 Replies
I put this up in 20something last week and it got a lot of response, so here you go:

(This is kind of a spin off of my make up a post from a week or two ago.)
I have always wondered this. I work with a girl who Is, literally, a size ZERO and she thinks she is fat because she weighs 130something pounds. I don't get it.
I'd LOVE to weigh 130 something pounds, but I weigh about 190, and my body shows the inevitable wear and tear of motherhood. I will probably never be below a size 10 again, and I'm ok with that. Yeah, I work out, but I do that for health reasons, my family medical history is bigger than your average text book and I'd like to be HEALTHY for ME and my kids. Ya know?
A few hundred years ago, being a "bigger woman" was not only acceptable, it was considered SEXY! Why does mass media insist on making us women think we need to be these skimpy stick figures? And if you buy into it, WHY? Why can't you just love YOU as YOU are? Maybe I'm preaching here, but I'ds still like some insight
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-Mattel-
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:28 PM

I have 'small bones' anything above a 8 on me is gross. 

A hundred year's ago women dress modestly. A hundred year's ago people ate natural food without all the BS that is in today's food. 

A hundred year's ago on and on…

I think fat is gross. I hate cellulite and yes I have some. I hate it. I won't be happy till it's gone. If your happy with how you look then why does it matter anyway? 

I don't think there is anything wrong with trying to achieve perfection, we will never reach it but it keeps us growing and moving and learning

mtsmom1986
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:31 PM
I'm trying to put this out there for women with no self esteem, as there seems to be a lot of them in there. If I can make at least ONE person feel better about themselves that makes me feel good. If you're going to keep up you're negative BS get off my post, seriously. I'm not in the mood for your negativity today

Quoting -Mattel-:

A hundred year's ago women dress modestly. A hundred year's ago people ate natural food without all the BS that is in today's food. 

I think fat is gross. I hate cellulite and yes I have some. I hate it. I won't be happy till it's gone. If your happy with how you look then why does it matter anyway? 

I don't think there is anything wrong with trying to achieve perfection, we will never reach it but it keeps us growing and moving and learning

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anikahaynes1
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:32 PM

mattel, it sounds like you just feed into the media, and you know cellulite wont and can't go away right?

Big people can be beautiful too. But I think we should ALL try to be as healthy as we possibly can.

-Mattel-
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:34 PM

To bad you can't control to forum. :D

I'm not being negative… I'm honest. Not all of us sugar coat. 

I have no self esteem at all. Sad fact but I don't. It's what keeps me working to always be a better me. Growing. Always trying to be a better me and a stronger me. 

Quoting mtsmom1986:

I'm trying to put this out there for women with no self esteem, as there seems to be a lot of them in there. If I can make at least ONE person feel better about themselves that makes me feel good. If you're going to keep up you're negative BS get off my post, seriously. I'm not in the mood for your negativity today

Quoting -Mattel-:

<--- Click Here

mtsmom1986
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:36 PM
I know some big people who are perfectly healthy! Some people are just built bigger :). But I agree about being healthy, I like having a lot of energy lol

Quoting anikahaynes1:

mattel, it sounds like you just feed into the media, and you know cellulite wont and can't go away right?

Big people can be beautiful too. But I think we should ALL try to be as healthy as we possibly can.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Mattel-
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:38 PM

With enough cardio, eating right, exercising right and maintaining, yes it can 'go away'. I've been bigger, when I had my 4 year old and after a lot of work I lost it all. It was work though.

I believe there is a difference in Bigger people and fat people. I agree though we should all strive to be healthy. A size 2 isn't possible for everyone.

I don't care about media. I know when I look at obese people, it's gross. ( yes I know not everyone can 'help' their weight) I know when I see bones and spinal cords I get icked. It's all about your own personal prerogative. What is healthy to you, may not be to me… KWIM?

Quoting anikahaynes1:

<--- Click Here

anikahaynes1
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:39 PM

Oh I know for sure big people can be totally healthy, but you know not all bigger people take care of themselves either. If you naturally are going to be 180 pounds, the least you can do is eat good foods for you, you know?

Quoting mtsmom1986:

I know some big people who are perfectly healthy! Some people are just built bigger :). But I agree about being healthy, I like having a lot of energy lol

Quoting anikahaynes1:

mtsmom1986
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:49 PM
I work in food service, I know all about some people not taking care of themselves :/ but I see that in both skinny and big people too

Quoting anikahaynes1:

Oh I know for sure big people can be totally healthy, but you know not all bigger people take care of themselves either. If you naturally are going to be 180 pounds, the least you can do is eat good foods for you, you know?

Quoting mtsmom1986:

Quoting anikahaynes1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dsptchmommy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:51 PM
I don't like the way I look. I should be a 0 long but they always have to order that size so I stick with a 2 long. I hate it. I would give anything to be able to put on some weight. I HATE always being asked if I have an eating disorder. Yes, I eat a lot more than the average person but I have to in order to keep up with my metabolism. So I guess...no I'm not happy in my own skin. It makes it difficult for me to find the right sized clothes and I hate the rude comments. Oh...and if I ever win the lotto I'm buying boobs. LOL
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Mattel-
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:55 PM

I never said I didn't like you or your posts, now did I? 

I'll read what I like and comment as I see fit. If you don't like it….

Quoting mtsmom1986:

Oh and while I'm at it, if you don't like me or my posts you CAN ignore them, ya know? Not that hard to see my sn and go "ok not going to open it".

<--- Click Here

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)