Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help please

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:45 AM
  • 18 Replies

I'm 34 weeks pregnant with second child. I just got out of a long discussion that had me really worked up. During it my tummy started getting hard, and painfull. Its not really in waves almost constant. Is it just from being worked up or should I be calling the dr?

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
neclark18
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:46 AM

You could put yourself into labor if really worked up but just relax. Maybe take a bath, 34 weeks might be a little too early for baby! It's hard to know signs of labor because my water broke before anything else :/ Good Luck!

ASigler86
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:48 AM
Elevate your feet and relax for a bit, see if it goes down. If not, I would call the doc and explain your symptoms. They will help you out.
Maddies_mom101
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:49 AM

sounds a little bit like stress and braxton hicks

katelynsmommy30
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:49 AM
Braxton hicks? Did it stop? Are you sure baby wasn't balled up in there. I just had ds 4 mths ago, and he would do that sometimes, really weird feeling, esp that late in the game. And of course, anytime you are concerned call your dr, that's what they are there for, and it never hurts to get checked out esp when its your little baby in there!!! Good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Rounds
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:51 AM

Took a shower right before I posted this. Its my first thing to try. lol never had this with DS #1 so i'm not sure what it is.

Quoting neclark18:

You could put yourself into labor if really worked up but just relax. Maybe take a bath, 34 weeks might be a little too early for baby! It's hard to know signs of labor because my water broke before anything else :/ Good Luck!

soon2bmommyof2
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:54 AM
Drink some water and try to relax. Lay down and watch tv or listen to soothing music. Or take a bath like pp said. Use some lavender and chamomile candles, lotion or oil. I hope it stops soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LOswald0314
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:58 AM
Empty your bladder then drink a big glass of water and lay down on your left side. If that doesn't help then call your doc. Good luck hun!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heatherbarr
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:02 AM

Take a bath and try to relax if that doesn't work then I would call the doctor, good luck.

Lilysmommy1120
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 9:29 AM

Lay on your side and watch some tv and try to relax.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:52 PM

Quoting Maddies_mom101:

sounds a little bit like stress and braxton hicks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)