Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why does age matter?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:32 AM
  • 56 Replies

Ok, I'm 27. Well, on Tuesday. I'm only telling you this because it s relevant to my issue. Why does it matter how old I am? I'm a responsible, educated, independent woman. Why, oh why, do women feel the need to describe themselves as "older moms" and feel the need to say they have nothing in common with a 20 year old and only want to hang out with Moms of the same age?

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
babowes
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:34 AM
Bc they are stupid!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ameliasmommy221

I am 23 and I normally don't hang out with girls my age but it's not because I think I don't have anything in common with them I just like hanging out with older people. One of my really good friends is 21 and she is mature..AGE doesn't matter but MATURITY does..

babowes
You kids usually age you! If you have a 2 yr old and are 40 and I have a 2 yr old and I am 30 we are in the same group
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ameliasmommy221
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:35 AM

Who?? The older women or the 20 yr olds? lol

Quoting babowes:

Bc they are stupid!

baby girltoddler girlin love   navyHead over heels in love with my sailor and our 2 daughters Emma and Amelia! My family are my everything <3<3<3

SarahJean70
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:43 AM
Having kids at an older age has kept me feeling young.

I think it is ridiculous to limit one's circle of friends based on age. I have friends twenty years younger and twenty years older (or more) than I. All that matters is enjoying one another's company.

Quoting babowes:

You kids usually age you! If you have a 2 yr old and are 40 and I have a 2 yr old and I am 30 we are in the same group

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife1229
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:45 AM

I just don't tell them my age. I feel like if you need to put criteria on your friends you have bigger issues.

thenguyenclan
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:47 AM

Quoting babowes:

Bc they are stupid!

i second that! 

armywife1229
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:50 AM

Exactly. 95% of my friends are older than me. Some could be my mother. We get along great. 

Quoting SarahJean70:

Having kids at an older age has kept me feeling young.

I think it is ridiculous to limit one's circle of friends based on age. I have friends twenty years younger and twenty years older (or more) than I. All that matters is enjoying one another's company.

Quoting babowes:

xxxAthena
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:54 AM

age has always been an issue with me. i married my husband the day i turned 21 and we are 8 years apart. the women i am around are the ones married to men in his rank group and they are all older than me by a good bit. my husband is one of the youngest in his rank group where we have gone as well. then ad d on top of that that i look younger than i am and ...well... i get talked to like im a kid. it annoys the mess out of me. i have given up on making friends with them because of my repeated experience with that happening here. i am nice and social at gatherings but i don'tgo out of my way to try to hang out anymore. great thing about the military life though, we move every 3 years so i can hit the reset button in a couple of years ;D

lilnena98
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:54 AM

Quoting armywife1229:

I just don't tell them my age. I feel like if you need to put criteria on your friends you have bigger issues.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)