Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A little scared

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:15 PM
  • 18 Replies

So Dh is in the Army and didn't get deployed last year when his unit did due to hearing problems. He's been trying to see the Med Board for a year now, and was not getting help from his NCO about Retention who never called him back, they moved offices and no one could give Dh the correct address for the new office or anything. Well just a last month DH got moved to a different part  of his unit, he works in the motor pool now. Anyway, he just got called that he needs to deal with his stuff TODAY or they are going to chapter him out. So he's got almost all of his paper work but his retention stuff, but finally found someone who is going to help him figure that all out today, that's not what I'm scared of. He should make it into the med board in August. 

What I'm scared about is that now that he has his hearing aids, and the Med board should clear him, that he'll be sent over for the rest of this deployment, on the 15th two people from his unit who were delayed due to medical problems are being cleared and shipping out. I'm pregnant, and having a rough time with morning sickness, and this is our first pregnancy. 

DH would come back with his unit in January which is a month before our baby is due. I'm just worried and a little scared about doing this all alone without even family right now. So if I could just hear from other ladies who have gone through a deployment while pregnant, or even just deployments as this will be his first, I would really appreciate it. 

CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
meka26
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:26 PM

This is our first deployment, and the first time we've ever spent more than a few weeks away. In the beginning the not knowing is what scared me the most. Now our year is almost over, and I can't believe how fast it has gone by. I used the advice of other women to "stay busy". I don't know how I could have handled it otherwise. This deployment has bought SO and I so much closer and stronger. I don't want to go through it again, but if I do at least I know what to expect.

JMmama
by Kara on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:27 PM

DH is deployed right now and I'm 14 weeks pregnant. Not our first pregnancy, but our first since our miscarriage. It hasn't been easy, but it could be a lot worse too. I just try and find ways to keep him involved with our pregnancy, like sending ultrasound pictures and I recorded the heartbeat the other day. As I get bigger I'll send belly shots. At least he should be home for delivery! Keep as busy as possible and time will pass quickly. (((hugs)))

AimBre
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:36 PM

Quoting JMmama:

DH is deployed right now and I'm 14 weeks pregnant. Not our first pregnancy, but our first since our miscarriage. It hasn't been easy, but it could be a lot worse too. I just try and find ways to keep him involved with our pregnancy, like sending ultrasound pictures and I recorded the heartbeat the other day. As I get bigger I'll send belly shots. At least he should be home for delivery! Keep as busy as possible and time will pass quickly. (((hugs)))

Those are good ideas to keep him involved, he's really worried about leaving me because the morning sickness turns into motion sickness when I'm in the car so it's hard for me to even ride with him to get groceries so he's worried about me with all that. We don't know too many people here in Hawaii, who could help. Will your DH be home for the delivery? I know that I'm very lucky to have mine here for it hopefully and I'm so thankful for that. I hope yours is able to be back too. 

AimBre
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Quoting meka26:

This is our first deployment, and the first time we've ever spent more than a few weeks away. In the beginning the not knowing is what scared me the most. Now our year is almost over, and I can't believe how fast it has gone by. I used the advice of other women to "stay busy". I don't know how I could have handled it otherwise. This deployment has bought SO and I so much closer and stronger. I don't want to go through it again, but if I do at least I know what to expect.

Wow, yea we've spent months apart while he's been at Basic and AIT but I'm going to worry with him being over there more than when he was just in training. That's good advice to stay busy, I'll be in school still so that'll help there.

Like what kinds of things do you do to stay busy?  

jonellg
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:44 PM

I went through my first pregnancy alone. DH came home a week before DD was born and left a week after. You'll be fine!

penneylane
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:50 PM

you will be fine. prepping for baby will keep your mind off of things...and you can have your way with whatever you want. dh missed basically all of my pregnancy and he wasnt deployed until i was 6 months along. its really not so bad with him not seeing you being a big jiggly mess lol.

AimBre
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:58 PM

Quoting penneylane:

you will be fine. prepping for baby will keep your mind off of things...and you can have your way with whatever you want. dh missed basically all of my pregnancy and he wasnt deployed until i was 6 months along. its really not so bad with him not seeing you being a big jiggly mess lol.

Hm I didn't think about that, it seems like everytime we decide on a color scheme DH picks out bedding or something that he LOVES and really wants to buy and it'll be a clashing color and I just have to bit my tongue because otherwise he'll get all upset and say that it's not fair that he doesn't get to make any decisions. So him not being here to keep changing his mind on colors etc might be a good thing. 

seraphimsong
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:03 PM
Dh was gone during my whole pregnancy w/ my first until she was 4 months old. He came home for 2 days and I was induced during that time. It really wasn't too bad. I was working 40+ hours a week though, and just spent as much time w/ friends and family as possible! Just stay positive :) Focus on getting ready for baby. That will keep you busy!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yasbobari
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:09 PM
He deployed when I had 4-5 mo. Came back for r&r 2 weeks I had my baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LOswald0314
by Ruby Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:28 PM
I had our first during our first deployment. I kept myself busy by getting everything reading, walking, doing crafty things for the baby. You will be ok!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)