Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moving to Ft Richardson in a month :)

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:13 PM
  • 9 Replies

My name is Danielle. I have 3 kids. A 7 year old girl, 4 year old boy and a 3 week old girl. We will be driving and using this trip as a road trip/vacation. I don't work. my job is to stay home and take care of my babies. We have been very blessed for me to not have to work right now. ALthough at times I'd love to!!!

If anyone has any advice on where to live, ON POST or what to do off post please feel free to share. I am very nervous and anxious about this move, yet excited to begin this journey of our lives.

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
MoB.Monk
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:22 PM
There are TONS of things to do here!!! We live off post though... When do you estimate your arrival? School starts on the 17th of August here.

Feel free to PM me and I will share all I can!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dani_Lynn
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:24 PM
Welcome! I'm a little jealous! Maybe next time we'll get Alaska. Enjoy the trip and take lots of pics!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MoB.Monk
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:27 PM
It's great!!! We saw a bear today driving home from post! There are moose often! I have pics of one outside my window!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LancesMom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:45 PM

welcomeGlad you're here!

Serenity_29
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:14 PM

bump.. I will be there at the beginning of Aug.

SierraLynn
by on Jul. 9, 2011 at 12:20 PM

Alaska is AWESOME! We were at Fort Wainwright in the Interior though. Anchorage stay MUCH warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. I spent a few 4 days down there. Awesome area, Im sure you'll love it!

usmclife58
by Nikki on Jul. 9, 2011 at 4:12 PM

Welcome!!

bramamber
by Amber on Jul. 9, 2011 at 6:02 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beckerswife1429
by on Jul. 11, 2011 at 9:30 AM

im going to ft rich in about a month as well. i think we are going to fly though. we have a 2 1/2 year old son and a 5 week old son so i just dont know if i really want to drive all the way there with them. we are going to try our best to get a house on post but if it doesnt work out then we have heard that eagle river is the best place to live. maybe we will run into each other someday lol good luck with your move

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)