Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

surrogacy and Tricare

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 1:25 PM
  • 8 Replies

Can someone point me in the right direction of where I can find info about using Tricare for a surrogacy pregnancy.

Thanks!

by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 1:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
xxlilmomma09
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2011 at 1:29 PM
Tricare would be your best bet. You can call them and ask whatever questions you might have. You can also try Google.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nicoled02
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 1:30 PM

I have a friend who is acting as a surrogate, but I dont believe Tricare is paying for any of it, I think the parents to be are.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Aug. 3, 2011 at 1:32 PM

Are you looking for a surrogate, or looking to be a surrogate?

Pishyah
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 1:38 PM

If you call Tricare, ask to speak to a supervisor.  That has been the only way I got answers in the past about things that they probably don't have to answer often. 

TippyD
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2011 at 1:50 PM

when we were talking to them*I was looking at being one* they will cover the pregnancy and delivery, but the second the baby is born they dont cover the baby.  they HAVE to cover the pregnancy because it is the tricare patient that is being covered.   at least that is what I was told.  but they wont cover if someone else is being your surrogate and they dont cover treatments for you to get pregnant with a surrogate baby. at least that is what I was told when I talked to them

UkranianMom2
by on Aug. 3, 2011 at 2:11 PM

Yes, I am looking into being a gestational surrogate. I didn't want to call them because I was afraid they would maybe make a note of the call and that some how would mess up my maternity coverage for any future biological babies we would want to have. The applications are asking about insurance and I just needed to know if they would cover the pregnancy it self and if there was a limit to how many pregnancies they would cover.

Thanks everyone.

bramamber
by Amber on Aug. 3, 2011 at 2:23 PM
I thought they did not cover them anymore.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xxlilmomma09
by Gold Member on Aug. 3, 2011 at 2:24 PM
I didn't think they covered them either, but I could be wrong. Usually, government funded insurance programs won't cover them. Insurance is usually provided through the parents.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)