Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Husband off to OTS in 3 weeks...and I don't know what to expect as a new AF wife?!?!?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:01 AM
  • 33 Replies

Hey ladies!!!

Im as fresh as fresh can be to the military life style...my husband is leaving in three weeks and Im here to learn and make friends. :)  I guess my first main question is what in the world am I supposed to wear for the Dinning out and the graduation from OTS????

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
averyswifeliz
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:21 AM

No idea, as DH isn't AF, but here's a bump!

lupe_wheeler
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:30 AM

My DH is Marines for his graduation I wore nice pants and a sweater it was cold. Dinning out im sure you can wear a cute dress :)

504bbymami
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:34 AM
A cute dress.

And my advice for you is don't let his rank go to your head. officers wives have a bad rep for being stuck up and bitchy. Esp since you'll be starting as an officers wife, most important thing is to stay humblw
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
504bbymami
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:35 AM
And I'm sure they'll let ya know before hand what sort of attire to wear! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NearSeattleMom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:37 AM

welcome to cafemom

jugglingJoin me in The Lounge for more conversation!
               Or come chat on The Park Bench!

krissy920
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:51 AM

welcome to the airforce!!! I have not met any snotty officer wives and recently ive met a ton of officer wives being at a fighter base in england. Go overseas if you want to travel and take advantage of the officer housing its beautiful ( it was stunning in hawaii  and its nice here in england if you can ever get into base housing)

beerebelly
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:32 AM

Quoting 504bbymami:

A cute dress.

And my advice for you is don't let his rank go to your head. officers wives have a bad rep for being stuck up and bitchy. Esp since you'll be starting as an officers wife, most important thing is to stay humblw

Nice.  Sounds like you're the bitchy one.

jealousymagnet
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:59 AM

Whoa. I see this spinning out of control. *ducks* lol

Quoting beerebelly:

Quoting 504bbymami:

A cute dress.

Nice.  Sounds like you're the bitchy one.

jealousymagnet
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:00 AM

Oh and enlisted wives can be just as "stuck up and bitchy"

Quoting 504bbymami:

A cute dress.

yasbobari
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:04 AM
Oh dear.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)