Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DH starts training today for special forces selection...

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:53 PM
  • 59 Replies

Have any of you other wives been through this with your SO's? He's starting training now for selection in March or April. This isn't training to get into special forces it's just so he can get selected to go through training then after training they decide if he's special forces worthy or not. I guess I'm looking to see if there's any advice y'all can give me or maybe tell me your SO's special forces training stories so I can get a better idea of what DH has gotten us into. lol

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bramamber
by Amber on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:57 PM
Bump. Mine is not SF. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xxlilmomma09
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:58 PM
Here's a Bumpity bump :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amberdy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 12:59 PM
I have a few friends that have Dhs that are SF or have been to selection, but I'm not sure what is involved. My dh went a different color beret route.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahJean70
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:10 PM
It's been a very long time since dh went through selection. Believe it or not, it's more about mental endurance than physical.

Good luck to him and to you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilnena98
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:18 PM
No idea!! Here is a bump and good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nathan_alison
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:22 PM

Can you elaborate... what branch your talking about and what job... my husband is SF Navy but under that title are a few different rates... seal, diver, eod etc. 

amberdy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:24 PM
I'm guessing it is Army SF.

Quoting nathan_alison:

Can you elaborate... what branch your talking about and what job... my husband is SF Navy but under that title are a few different rates... seal, diver, eod etc. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahJean70
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:25 PM
There's only one Special Forces - Army Green Berets. All others are special operations units.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nathan_alison
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:27 PM

For navy that's not true, that's why I asked what branch. 

Quoting SarahJean70:

There's only one Special Forces - Army Green Berets. All others are special operations units.

liz.1986
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 1:27 PM

That's what my hubby was saying. He knows he can do it physically; it's the mental part that's going to mess with him.

Quoting SarahJean70:

It's been a very long time since dh went through selection. Believe it or not, it's more about mental endurance than physical.

Good luck to him and to you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)