Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is new...

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:35 PM
  • 26 Replies
Met another wifey at the nex today. Starting talking about babies etc. She asks where on base I live, I tell her. "Oh. You're an officer wife". End of conversation, she gets super unfriendly and makes excuses to go. Really?! I haven't changed since dh got commissioned, I'm still the same woman. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, enlisted, officer, civilian wives...there are always weird ones. I have been trying to be extra social and friendly here, its exhausting lol this didn't help. Vent over :P
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amberdy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:37 PM

I don't understand people like that.  I don't care what rank someone's dh is.

yasbobari
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:38 PM

Quoting amberdy:

I don't understand people like that.  I don't care what rank someone's dh is.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brittany.Dann
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:39 PM

Wow.

Pugsmuggler
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:40 PM
The stupid thing? The part of base we live on is e-7 and up...not just officers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
beerebelly
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:45 PM

I have never experienced being snubbed like that.  In fact every single one of my friends is an enlisted wife.  Sorry that happened to you.

lilnena98
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:45 PM

I have never cared about anybody's husband rank. Rank makes no difference to me

Pishyah
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:46 PM

I've experienced the opposite (officer's wives distancing themselves from my lowly elisted-wife-self).  Either way, it is a bit ridiculous.

Maddies_mom101
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:46 PM

you are one of my favorite officers wives :)

beerebelly
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:51 PM

Quoting Pishyah:

I've experienced the opposite (officer's wives distancing themselves from my lowly elisted-wife-self).  Either way, it is a bit ridiculous.

Perhaps its just me but enlisted wives are the ones I seem to gravitate to.  No idea why!

Maddies_mom101
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 2:52 PM

I consider you a mustangs wife instead of just a officers wife...since you husband did AD before becomming a officer

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)