• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone experience this problem with AMU??

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:50 PM
  • 9 Replies

DH has been working on finishing his CCAF as well as his required classes for a commissioning program. He usually takes classes through the college here or NAU but he just started with American Military University. Right now hes taking two classes through them..one is Speech, the other is Trigonometry.

The trig class isnt really any issue except his teacher has been extremely rude, anytime he asks a questions she replies very rudely in her emails or doesnt reply at all. Hes standing with an "A" in that class so hes not too concerned..the big concern is his Speech class. Its online also and they do their "speeches" via youtube...Well they are on their last week of class and literally have not ONE assignment graded...no grades for anything at all no idea what their standing is in the class.

The teacher has posted every excuse in the book as to why he hasnt been able to complete any grades. These are mass emails he sends out to not only the students in this class but the other classes hes "teaching". The students have spoke with eachother via discussion board voicing their concern as to the lack of grades and it being the last week of class (which is usually what provokes the mass emails). No one has any idea clue whats going on or if they are even passing.

I think everyone is too afraid to contact the school in fear they will receive a failing grade out of spite, even if it is completely unethical. So were just kind of wondering, is this a common practice with AMU? Anyone experience this situation, or something like it? If this is normal for the school DH doesnt want to continue on with them and I certainly dont blame him.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
USAFamily
by Melissa on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:12 PM

I would contact the school anyway. These things should be confidential, and the school should have access to the discussion boards to see the other students concerns.

But no-- I have never heard of anything like this. Dh takes all his classes online, but goes through the local university.

bramamber
by Amber on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:20 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife1229
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 6:53 PM

I've never had any problems with AMU. Whenever I had an immediate issue, if contacting the professor didn't work, I went to my advisor.

After each course they give you a survey on the professor/course. Make sure he's honest!!

thenguyenclan
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:21 PM

i too would contact the school and see what they say.. :-/  im sorry that both of his teacher's are being asses :-( 

AnAnxiousHeart
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:23 PM

No it is not common. I did my 4 year through that school and never had that problem. Contact the student affairs office.

Italiancouture7
by Krystine on Aug. 18, 2011 at 8:36 PM

Quoting thenguyenclan:

i too would contact the school and see what they say.. :-/  im sorry that both of his teacher's are being asses :-( 

it sucks they are rude but atleast the one is actually grading their work lol I still cant get over that. I keep asking DH, when the class closes out at the end of the week and no assignments are graded what will happen? Hes gonna try and call  ..hopefully they will actually do something

babowes
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:10 PM
Contact them
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LOswald0314
by Ruby Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:19 PM
He needs to contact the school. The professor won't know who did it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmclife58
by Nikki on Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:57 PM
Quoting bramamber:

Bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)