Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My favorite picture and some more Fuji pictures if anyone wants to see :-)

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:30 PM
  • 18 Replies

My kids, at the entrance to the trail, after conquering the mountain :-)  My dd told me later that they saw me standing there zooming in on them to take the picture and were like "I can't believe mom is taking our picture - we're tired and dirty and we just want to be done."  (at this point, she said her legs were so tired it hurt to just touch her thighs).  But, when they saw the picture, they now LOVE this shot.  As my dd said "we look BEAST" LOL. 

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sailorwifenmom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:35 PM

Another mountain in the distance, with the clouds all around, as the sun came up and the light hit it.

sailorwifenmom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:39 PM

Climbers and pilgrims resting at one of the stops.  The red thing behind the guy is one of the mats that you can sleep on at this station, hanging over the railing that drops off into nothing but "down" - they hang them out to air out.  All of the white that you see on the side is not from poor exposure in the shot, but clouds rolling in.  The higher you went, the more clouds there were, the tougher the climb, and the fewer people there were that made it that far.  As scary as it is (when you think about how high up you actually are), this is one of the lower stations...

Oh, and to give an idea of just how big a "ledge" that all of this was built on, this building was about as wide as a double wide mobile home, and was built right up against the side of the mountain.

sailorwifenmom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:46 PM

Me (in the blue hat with the hair sticking out the back), looking down on the last station (in the picture above).  As steep as it was, this was still one of the easier stretches (except for the whole thin air, can't really breathe thing...)

Kristymomof4
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:46 PM

great pics!!!

sailorwifenmom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:49 PM

The Torii gate for Station 7. This was at the biggest part of station 7.  There were several parts to each station, each perched on it's own little level, before you had another long stretch with no buildings, before you came to the next little station, with it's own cluster of buildings.

sailorwifenmom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:51 PM

My husband, climbing up the trail. 

sailorwifenmom
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:52 PM

Quoting Kristymomof4:

great pics!!!

Thank you :-)  It was such an amazing trip - I'm so glad I got to do this!

Maddies_mom101
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 12:44 AM

OMG.... that looks so amazing!!

xxlilmomma09
by on Aug. 18, 2011 at 1:15 AM
Wow! Love the pics! Seems like yall had an amazing time :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SusanD
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2011 at 2:35 AM

Awesome pics!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)