Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it ok to TTC if....

Posted by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:30 PM
  • 191 Replies

the mother is on medicaid and food stamps?

What are your thoughts?

by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bramamber
by Amber on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:31 PM
I would not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrS.GiFFord
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:31 PM

Hmmmm....it would never be okay for me. If I was on foodstamps and stuff I would do everything I could to not get preggo again. 

xxlilmomma09
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:33 PM
No. I honestly find it extremely irresponsible. If you can not financially support the family you already have, don't multiply.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
504bbymami
by Bronze Member on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:33 PM
For me, that wouldn't be ok.

I can't say what's right or wrong for anyone else though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ASigler86
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:34 PM
Well here goes nothing...lol

No. I have very strong beliefs that birth control as well as drug testing should be a prerequisite to welfare or any other govt assistance. I also feel that there should be a 6 month timestamp on these programs. there should be the ability to get a 3 month waiver if said person has concrete proof they have attempted to better themselves and their family in some way; if not, the help ends....

Ok preparing to be stoned, and that's ok. Lol
Pishyah
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:38 PM

Hormones are powerful things.  That drive to reproduce can make one overlook a lot of things.

Pishyah
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:39 PM

Quoting ASigler86:

No. I have very strong beliefs that birth control as well as drug testing should be a prerequisite to welfare or any other govt assistance. I also feel that there should be a 6 month timestamp on these programs. there should be the ability to get a 3 month waiver if said person has concrete proof they have attempted to better themselves and their family in some way; if not, the help ends....

Drug testing is one thing but birth control?  Every form of birth control (including condoms and IUDs) comes with a risk factor and/or side effects.  THAT is just ridiculous.

kittn370
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:41 PM
I don't agree with it. If you want babies, get on your feet and be prepared to support them. To me, welfare should be (and, when it was first implemented, was intended to be) a temporary arrangement to get people through hard times. I don't bash or hate those who need public assistance, but I don't think it is smart to be making babies when you're already in financial hardship. I would never do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xxlilmomma09
by on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:43 PM
Expecting the government to pay for kid after kid is ridiculous as well. Just saying.

Quoting Pishyah:

Quoting ASigler86:

Drug testing is one thing but birth control?  Every form of birth control (including condoms and IUDs) comes with a risk factor and/or side effects.  THAT is just ridiculous.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barrelracer1699
by Chel on Aug. 19, 2011 at 7:44 PM

I basically agree with what others have posted!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)