• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No air force ball this year

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:01 AM
  • 9 Replies
That's right my base is the dumz and they have decided not to have an AF ball this year here :( sad face, I was actually looking fwd to it and was waiting for any info. They decided to just do a western theme dining out instead? WTF is that :/
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Bird16_J
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:16 AM

Awwww man that sucks! The ball we went to last year was total crap! I'm afraid that this years is gonna suck too lol and what is up with a western theme? Did somebody just pick it out of a hat or something? lol

IAmPregnant Ticker

usmclife58
by Nikki on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:17 AM

:(

jonellg
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:45 AM

It will be fun :) just go.

NicholeMWalls
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:46 AM

i have a question i'm new to all this military stuff hubby is just now shipping out for basic but if you move where you have no family at all and you want to go to these events like the ball who will watch the children? do they have a child care available at this ball lol? sorry i know it may sound dumb but i was j.w lol =)

ccmvm
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:05 AM
I'll think about going, of course I don't even own a cowboy hat harhardeehar.

As far as childcare goes, I think it depends. I've been to some things, like the Christmas parties, where they had volunteers run childcare for the evening.
LOswald0314
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:08 AM

Bummer.  It could still be fun though.  The western theme is kind of random.

Bird16_J
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 12:44 PM

Welcome to the military! :) And with SOME units they do provide child care others you're expected to take care of that. For our Ball last year I had to have my mom watch them because there was no child care. But when hubby has his promotion ceremony they provided child care for free for those that were being promoted. So I think it can depend on the unit and the event!

Quoting NicholeMWalls:

i have a question i'm new to all this military stuff hubby is just now shipping out for basic but if you move where you have no family at all and you want to go to these events like the ball who will watch the children? do they have a child care available at this ball lol? sorry i know it may sound dumb but i was j.w lol =)

IAmPregnant Ticker

USAFamily
by Melissa on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:43 PM

I have never known about balls at any base we have been at. To my knowledge, none have held one :(

TinaB216
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 7:32 AM
Because of the flooding where we are stationed and with so many military losing everything they had the base here is letting people dress up if they want or wear denim it will be nice to go
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)