Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Maybe you've seen this? Ugh

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:17 AM
  • 50 Replies

Someone pointed me toward this page inanother group and I was just shocked. Its

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dependapotamus/102513693189761?sk=wall&filter=12

They are getting photos of random people off the internet and mocking them for being thy "stereotypical military dependant". Fat, lazy, rank wearing, blah blah blah. Maybe I'm not seeing the humor in it but I think its terrible! Yeah there are lazy Military wives, but not all SAHM's are lazy or fat or any of that. And I also think its sad that they aren't even taking into consideration illnesses that make people gain weight.

Anyway, what do you think?

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mvs0921
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:20 AM

.....i have no words right now.....

mvs0921
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:24 AM

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Knockers-for-the-Troops/216648801721637

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Booties-for-the-Troops/255636211137589

check these out too.

dtristan78
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:28 AM

disgusting...i reported it...ot sure if that helps (probably not)

If people have time to create and run a page like that, I wonder what they look like?  or do all day?

Possibily scorned by a military person, or left by a woman who married a military man!!

IDK, people are sick

JMCorbin84
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:29 AM

I do think that making fun of people like this is cruel and just a way to get attention, tho I have to admit I have made my own comments upon seeing and talking to some of the women on my post who seem to think that all their purpose in life is to pop out 4+ kids and then sit on the couch watching soap opera's all day while consuming large quantaties of Red Hot Cheeto's. When they actually admit to not caring about their own apperance, dress like slobs and ridicule those who try to take care of themselves physically, then I have no sympathy for these women.

kittn370
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:33 AM
Too bad I'm a HOT MilWife! That Facebook page can suck my little pedicured toe! ;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilnena98
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:34 AM

That isn't even right.

klotztheatre
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:35 AM

But in reality the percentage of women who don't care about anything is way smaller and I think its totally unfair to call out just military wives for that. All of my neighbors (I live on post) are healthy weights or pregnant and active and good moms. And yet when we lived in our home state in our house, half my neighbors were lazy and overwieght and mean...

This site is totally stereotyping military spouses. Its sad.

desertwillow
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:39 AM

lol

Quoting kittn370:

Too bad I'm a HOT MilWife! That Facebook page can suck my little pedicured toe! ;-)

sailorwifenmom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:39 AM

This is incredibly offensive.  At least the other pages (with the boobs and butts), it was the women posting pictures of themselves.  If I were to ever see someone I knew in one of those pictures, it would take about 2 seconds for me to save it, give it to her, and encourage / help her to report it and go after any legal action they could (whether it's suing them or whether it's getting the page shut down or what).

I hope facebook shuts them down. 

Pugsmuggler
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 9:41 AM
I can't believe I am about to type this but....

Normies be hating.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)