• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Almost there...

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:48 AM
  • 12 Replies
Over the past 2 months Hubby has been working on joining the Air Force Guard. He had to lose 25 lbs before he could go to MEPS, so he did. He then scored a 93 on his ASVAB and passed his physical, etc. He picked his job yesterday and swears in next Wednesday! It has been a long couple of months.. I'm a little hesitant on him leaving. The technical school for the job he picked is 24 1/2 weeks :( so with the basic training he will be gone for at least 32 1/2 weeks, that's insane!! We have 2 girls at home, one is 4 1/2 and just started pre k this year and the other is 16 months. It's going to be hard and not to mention my best friend just swore in last month and will be leaving for basic around the end of November. Everyone is leaving me :( wahhhhh haha just had to get it out I guess, hope everyone is having a good day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LancesMom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:16 PM

hugs

mrschambers7508
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 1:34 PM

Everything will be ok! Just try to keep busy!

jstewart1964
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:13 PM

jugglingThe girls and him leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hugsFor you and everything will be alright.  I was going crazy when my youngest son left.  He finished his basic and training in KY.  He has since had special training and he left June 4th for deployment in Iraq.  I have SKYPE where I can talk with him every other day if not every day.  This will help make the time seem shorter.  The thing with my son is he's deployed for at least 18 months.

bramamber
by Amber on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:15 PM
(hugs)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmclife58
by Nikki on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:10 PM

((hugs)) and Luck!

uniquelynoone
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:14 PM

Yep. Keep busy to pass the time.

Quoting mrschambers7508:

Everything will be ok! Just try to keep busy!

hendersoneve
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:01 AM

What is his AFSC going to be?

WuanitaQ
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 7:46 AM
I have no idea what this means lol

Quoting hendersoneve:

What is his AFSC going to be?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amberdy
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:27 AM
Just keep busy. It will help a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amberdy
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 8:29 AM
18 months??? No one deploys for that long. Army deployments are almost always a 12 month max and I think they are trying to shorten them. I think all other branches have shorter deployments. Is this a deployment or an overseas assignment?

Quoting jstewart1964:

jugglingThe girls and him leaving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hugsFor you and everything will be alright.  I was going crazy when my youngest son left.  He finished his basic and training in KY.  He has since had special training and he left June 4th for deployment in Iraq.  I have SKYPE where I can talk with him every other day if not every day.  This will help make the time seem shorter.  The thing with my son is he's deployed for at least 18 months.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)