Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Former Marine Wife.

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:31 PM
  • 7 Replies
My husband got out of the marine corps in may. He has had no luck on finding a job so he has been Thinking about joining the army. I love being home with family but the military is where his heart is so I'm wondering if there are any bases close to Indiana? We just had a baby and I would really hate to move 18 hours away from family again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Soniam301
by Sonia on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:37 PM

Not to be discouraging, but it is really hard to get into the Military is you are prior service. As far as your question, I have not heard of one in Indiana, but there might be:)

buttercup627
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:46 PM

Best thing to do would be talk to an army recruiter. A lot depends on his reenlistment code now since it's really a buyers market, but if he was a good squared away marine he probably won't have a hard time getting back in. Cool thing about being prior Marine is that he won't have to go through any of the other branches basic training :)

bramamber
by Amber on Sep. 14, 2011 at 2:54 PM
This

Quoting buttercup627:

Best thing to do would be talk to an army recruiter. A lot depends on his reenlistment code now since it's really a buyers market, but if he was a good squared away marine he probably won't have a hard time getting back in. Cool thing about being prior Marine is that he won't have to go through any of the other branches basic training :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maddies_mom101
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:44 PM

I have to agree with Sonia his best bet is to look into it  at the begining of the fisical yr which is Oct 1st

amonkeymom
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:51 PM

Welcome, congrats on your new baby!

Good luck to your hubby and hopefully you won't have to move too far, if at all.

beerebelly
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 3:51 PM

I have no idea of Army bases near Indiana.  Maybe the Army ladies can help.  Bump!

usmclife58
by Nikki on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:54 PM

Quoting Maddies_mom101:

I have to agree with Sonia his best bet is to look into it  at the begining of the fisical yr which is Oct 1st

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)