Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's wrong with America. (Well, one thing or two.)

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:09 PM
  • 4 Replies

So, Joel got a job with the VA. Yay him! He loves it. He's working with homeless veterans with substance abuse issues. He's their case manager.

Anyways, we got our insurane information. The program is privately funded by donations (Good thing, because our dear governor, Scott Walker, cut 1/3 of all funding to the states VA program-about 34 million-that includes a 58% reduction in funding for the homeless veterans programs) ...and, back to what I was saying. 89% of the insurance is paid for by the "employer"...and our cost of the premium is 11%.

11% is 140.00 a month.

Anyone see the problem with that? Yea, I thought so. (Not the cost, I actually enjoy the cost. It's less expensive than the crappy Tri-care reserve we currently have. Ick.)

It's the fact that to insure a family, the premium a MONTH is almost 1300.00. WTF is THAT?

And, there is no combination of words I could say...

But, I'll tell you one thing, it's always better when we're together.
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
OliviasMommy611
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:19 PM

When my DH was working as a civilian we paid $145 a week to insure our family of 4. I am not sure how much his company paid towards the premium but I would guess 75 or 80%. Insurance companies suck.

klotztheatre
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:24 PM

That's what we paid before the army also.

Quoting OliviasMommy611:

When my DH was working as a civilian we paid $145 a week to insure our family of 4. I am not sure how much his company paid towards the premium but I would guess 75 or 80%. Insurance companies suck.

yasbobari
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:24 PM
Hate insurance companies.
usmclife58
by Nikki on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:28 PM

That makes me sad

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)