Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Newbie!!

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:28 PM
  • 12 Replies

Hello all! I'm Jamie!

My husband sighned up for the Army today. We talked about it Monday night, and when he found I had no problem with it he went to the recruiter Tuesday morning. After feeling out "the book" we ran around like crazy gathering documents. Now we are waiting for the call. Now that everything thing has slowed down I realize I am completely ignorant on what I am getting myself into. I read the booklet and I think it caused more questions than it answered. I asked the recruter alot today but I have so much more I want to know. I tried to go the MYarmylifetoo.com but It was full of the new launguage I have to learn and I kept getting turned around. So any helpful suggestions on preparing myself and my two toddlers for our new future would be much appreiciated. Ohh and is there a book on all these abbreviations!LOL

From the crazy mind of Jack and Josh's Mommy

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmclife58
by Nikki on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:25 PM

Welcome to the group!!

yasbobari
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:59 PM

Quoting usmclife58:

Welcome to the group!!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JacksMommy2008
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:06 PM

Thank you

desertwillow
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:07 PM

Welcome!!!!

LOswald0314
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:18 PM
Welcome! Don't stress about the new lingo, you've got time to pick it up! There are books out there too, one is called Married to the Military. Just be flexible, and be prepared for anything and you will be fine. Any idea what he will be doing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
seraphimsong
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:36 PM
Welcome! You'll get into the swing of things :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WaresWife
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:39 PM
Military.com is extremely helpful for me. Also, I don't know the site addy, but you can google something like "list of military acronyms" and you'll find some helpful stuff.

Good luck! I'm in the same boat, just a few months more paddling, so let me know if I can help! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maddies_mom101
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:15 PM

welcome!

tinkerspell
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:29 PM
Welcome to the silent ranks of the military.spouse you will get it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JacksMommy2008
by on Sep. 16, 2011 at 2:14 AM

How can you be prepared for everything when I have no idea what can come. LOL He's going into infantry.

www.myspace.com/jamies_crying
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)