Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Gift basket ideas

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:25 PM
  • 9 Replies

My dd has a child in her class with brain cancer.  He recently had surgery and his parents are not working.  We are putting together a basket of stuff to help them out.  I really need some ideas on what to send. I am crocheting him a hat to wear cause he is losing his hair but I was trying to think of some other cool stuff besides gift cards to put in there. 

~~~Tina~~~ 

All natural, MSG, preservative, and peanut free mixes, spices, sauces, and meals.  Check out my website www.mywildtree.com/tmburriss

tm_burriss. Get yours at bighugelabs.com/flickr

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Soniam301
by Sonia on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:27 PM
maybe some puzzle books? How old is he? my son loves anything legos and started liking that around 8
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ma2calebzoeyeli
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:30 PM

He is 8. They are both in the gifted program at school.  I was thinking about some books and legos are a great idea too. Thanks!

Quoting Soniam301:

maybe some puzzle books? How old is he? my son loves anything legos and started liking that around 8

~~~Tina~~~ 

All natural, MSG, preservative, and peanut free mixes, spices, sauces, and meals.  Check out my website www.mywildtree.com/tmburriss

usmclife58
by Nikki on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:38 PM

Books, both reading and activity. Maybe some Kinex or or Legos, some kinda project to keep him busy. 

Soniam301
by Sonia on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:42 PM
Erin Hunter writes some really good kid books. My sons favorite series by her is the Warrior Series.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilnena98
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 6:56 PM
Books, legos,maybe some crayons so he can draw.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-SJ-the-OSM
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:50 PM
Legos are good. Do you know if he has a Nintendo or something like it? That helps my son a lot when we're at the hospital.

Oh - rolls of quarters for trips to the vending machines when the cafeteria is closed or mom or dad can't really get away.

Also, we were on the floor long enough to do laundry - if there are machines where they are, maybe small amounts of detergent?

I'm rambling. Sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ma2calebzoeyeli
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 7:52 PM

These are great ideas. Thanks!  I am definitely going to send in a roll of quarters.

Quoting -SJ-the-OSM:

Legos are good. Do you know if he has a Nintendo or something like it? That helps my son a lot when we're at the hospital.

Oh - rolls of quarters for trips to the vending machines when the cafeteria is closed or mom or dad can't really get away.

Also, we were on the floor long enough to do laundry - if there are machines where they are, maybe small amounts of detergent?

I'm rambling. Sorry.

~~~Tina~~~ 

Maddies_mom101
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:08 PM

what about  ( I may get the firing squad for this one) but candy or treats like fruit snacks or some yummy cereal.....we all know hospital food is not 5 star resturant, maybe a movie along with a crochets hat  what about a silly one as well like a joker type hat  or a superhero one..  of course homemade cards or even a video  of  all the kids at school ( im sure you might have to get parents permission)

WaresWife
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 8:11 PM

I'm seeing a lot of "books and legos" posts, but be mindful that the sweet boy has brain cancer and may start to loose a dexterity, language functions, etc. A stuffed animal or a hand made fleece blanket might be nice for him. Also, something to pamper mom might be nice! And something to encourage "guy time" for dad, too! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)