Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If we can't have you, no one can! Is this normal?

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:45 PM
  • 10 Replies
Hey, ladies. My DH is current National Guard, after 4 years USMC. His unit deployed a few days ago, but he's rear det because ETS (I think that the correct term?) anyway, he's out midway through deployment and didn't extend.

His unit enacted a ridiculous clause on his contract saying he can't re-up with any branch of the military for 12 month because he did not extend.

Is that normal?! Can they do that? (Clearly, they can, but...Grrrr!)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmclife58
by Nikki on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:53 PM

I've never heard of that.

LOswald0314
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:56 PM

Quoting usmclife58:

I've never heard of that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsdic
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:01 PM

I believe my friend has mentioned something about this before - her bf was in the guard.  i think because it looks like he just didn't wanna deploy (even though that's not the case).  i wish i had more details - but it was just mentioned in conversation - she was talking about how he was telling her that he had to listen to a guy in a similar situation go on and on about it.  so a lot of info got lost there.  

militarywife09
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:08 PM
My DH said to get to his ETS date, get out, and then he can go to any branch. DH also said his unit is filling him with B.S. unless he was discharged. My DH is NG also.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maddies_mom101
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:12 PM

was he planing to join another branch?

WaresWife
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:28 PM
We have ETS of April 17th, 2011. He's rear det for other reasons I won't go in to here, but you're right, NOT because he's a deployment dodger. I just know it looks like that to his COs.

He may want to join somewhere else, but he just doesn't like someone telling him why he can and can't do when it comes to serving his country.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maddies_mom101
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:31 PM

interesting

mrsdic
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:53 PM

if he's on rear d for a medical reason, that might have something to do with the 12 month enlistment stall....

WaresWife
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:05 AM
Maybe that's it, then. He does have bad knees. Though he can still pas PT or whatever it's called just fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrsdic
by on Sep. 17, 2011 at 9:59 AM

I'm sure that has something to do with it then.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)