Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

thoughts on paragaurd iud

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:45 PM
  • 15 Replies
i'm planning on getting paragaurd at my 6 week check up. Has anyone had it? Did you have any problems?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmclife58
by Nikki on Sep. 14, 2011 at 10:53 PM

Bump!

I have mostly heard good things. Good luck!

LOswald0314
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:01 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lupe_wheeler
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:04 PM

I have it and LOVE it! I haven't had any problems with it.I have heavy flow but I had that since HS but since working out its actually gotten better.I would recommend it.

isabeesmomma
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:07 PM

I get them confused even though I have one I have the copper non hormone which ever that is. I have two friends who have gotten pregnant on it so for us it's just a back up we use in conjunction with other methods. 

Maddies_mom101
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:09 PM

I have it  and have had no problems.... heavy flow in the beginning but tapered off to normal after a month or so

jonellg
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:21 PM

I'm getting Mirena tomorrow, I've never heard of paragaurd.

_Cadens_Mommy_
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:31 PM
I've had a mirena in for a few years bow and have started having some GNARLY cramps and ovarian cysts. I didn't get either before. I haven't had a real period in about 2 years now and when I have one at all its just spotting for a day. I dig that part but could do without the rest. :) it also took a few months to get my period back, then it was like clockwork for about 9 months and eventually disappeared altogether.

Quoting jonellg:

I'm getting Mirena tomorrow, I've never heard of paragaurd.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maddies_mom101
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:41 PM

I had Mirena   it was AWFUL! mood swings, depression, weight gain .... never again!

flummoxed
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:58 PM

I had the paraguard and it was pretty awful, but my doctor told me that my experience was unusual. He also told me that the IUD had migrated to a different area from where he'd placed it, so that may have been the reason. Regardless, I hated it for the 14 months that I had it. I menstruated at least 2 weeks out of every month and had cramps for at least 3/4 of the month. When I was actually menstruating the cramps could get debilitating. I was so relieved to have the darn thing removed.

Mrs.Rounds
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:14 AM
mirana is different. Paragaurd is copper and no hormones.

Quoting Maddies_mom101:

I had Mirena   it was AWFUL! mood swings, depression, weight gain .... never again!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)