• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PCSing

Posted by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:40 PM
  • 11 Replies

How many weeks worth of clothes do you pack when you PCS? I can't remember what we packed for when we moved here. We have roughly 14 days to pack out and leave (AHHHHH!!!!) due to our move being an EFMP move. We are going to Hickam.  Also, how did you decide which of your things went with wich shipment? I will have to mail some stuff ahead of time (thankfully I have friends already there). 

Rebecca momma to

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hendersoneve
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:46 PM

They didn't tell you when you stuff would be getting to your next duty station? That'll let you know how much to pack versus ship. I have a friend out there who works at the hospital he loves it there.

LOswald0314
by Ruby Member on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:57 PM
I always pack about two weeks worth of clothing. You can always use a laundry mat if you are waiting on housing and such. Anything I could not stand to lose or have broken, I packed with me. We always do a partial DITY anyways.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2000SuperMommy
by on Sep. 14, 2011 at 11:59 PM

We pack cloths for 10-14 days. Our personal things like  passports, documents, POA's , Pets healthcare folders and Jewelry  we keep in our safe which we take with us all the time. We pack our self some entertainment for the trip, pet supplies and light weight dishes...I hope this helps a little bit. 

Schleetle
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:01 AM
We packed about 10 days worth give, or take. However we didn't get our dang stuff for 2 months so I guess we should've packed more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:05 AM

We packed 10 days worth of clothing coming from England.  If you're referring to the two separate shipments they do, sometimes it doesn't matter as (with us) they arrived at the same time.  The idea is to pack some cookware, small tv, things to get you going in a new household while waiting for everything else to show up.

GotSomeKids
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:06 AM

I pack about 1-2 weeks of stuff.

akrsmomma
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 12:48 AM

When we moved here to Japan it took 3 months to get our stuff. I have no idea how long it will take for our stuff to get from Japan to Hawaii. We don't even have a pack out date or even hard copy orders. We are supposed to leave on Sept. 30. Nice huh. I can't even remember how much we packed when we moved here 3 years ago. LOL. I know we had a ton of stuff to lug around. My dh doesn't want to have 6 suit cases (we had 6 coming over). He wants me to fit it all in 2 or 3 suit cases. I doubt I'll be able to do that. 

usmclife58
by Nikki on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:57 AM

We did not move far enough away to warrant packing clothes; and we moved ourselves.

Good luck with your move!!

Soniam301
by Sonia on Sep. 15, 2011 at 9:58 AM

Quoting LOswald0314:

I always pack about two weeks worth of clothing. You can always use a laundry mat if you are waiting on housing and such. Anything I could not stand to lose or have broken, I packed with me. We always do a partial DITY anyways.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ma2calebzoeyeli
by on Sep. 15, 2011 at 10:29 AM

I just pack enough for a week. I have always had access to some kind of laundry facility.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)