Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever looked at a pic of yourself and thought....

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:26 AM
  • 50 Replies

OMFG that's what people see?!  I had a root canal on my top front baby tooth as a child and as a result my adult tooth has always been slightly discolored, but I never thought it was really noticeable.  I was looking at pics last night from my Nikon and it's freaking horrible.  I seriously cried and now all I can think about it is how I am going to pay for a porcelain veneer. GRRRR.

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dani_Lynn
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:27 AM
Yep, its why I'm not in a lot of pictures.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
geekmommy84
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this
Yes, i have. Girl you are fine :D our worst enemy is ourselves.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DizneyMomma2001
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:31 AM

This is exactally why I don't have a lot of family photo's on hand.  It took a LOT of guts for me to have pictures taken on our last family vacation....when I looked at them I kept telling myself that I still looked like a fat cow despite loosing 10lbs.  There is one person who doesn't see me that way though and him telling me that he think's I'm beautiful helps with my insecurities.

-SJ-the-OSM
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:33 AM
I think we focus on the negative - and, we see faults in our selves that others never do.

Don't be harsh on yourself. You're a beautiful woman.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmclife58
by Nikki on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:44 AM

I am going to go with this.
I have a really hard time with this though- especially in pictures. I can see even the smallest imperfection. My husband hates. 

Quoting -SJ-the-OSM:

I think we focus on the negative - and, we see faults in our selves that others never do.

LOswald0314
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:49 AM

Thanks ladies.

I pick at pics of myself now and then but it doesn't normally get to me.  I can change other things, work out more, wear more flattering clothes, etc. But my teeth are different.  It's not an easy cheap fix and the fact that I didn't even notice it before irritates me.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:51 AM

I have a tooth that sticks out. In certain angles it look ridiculous. I think I may have one... I will share it if I find it. Maybe it will make you feel better, lol

Quoting LOswald0314:

Thanks ladies.

I pick at pics of myself now and then but it doesn't normally get to me.  I can change other things, work out more, wear more flattering clothes, etc. But my teeth are different.  It's not an easy cheap fix and the fact that I didn't even notice it before irritates me.

yasbobari
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:53 AM
Yes, seriously!! You are so pretty!!

Quoting -SJ-the-OSM:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yasbobari
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:54 AM
Lol! You are so sweet!!

Quoting usmclife58:

I have a tooth that sticks out. In certain angles it look ridiculous. I think I may have one... I will share it if I find it. Maybe it will make you feel better, lol

Quoting LOswald0314:

Thanks ladies.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sodsoldierwife
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 10:55 AM

I do this ALL THE TIME! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)