Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Take younger kids to a Yellow Ribbon event???

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:42 PM
  • 8 Replies

Have you ever taken younger kids to a Yellow Ribbon Event? My daughters are 4 and 6 and I'm wondering if this is something they should go to with us or not. Is it appropriate for their ages? I want to make sure me and hubby are getting everything we can out of it without worrying about the kids. but if it is good for them to go then, then maybe they had better?????? Advice please!!!!!

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
lanceandhailey
by Member on Nov. 9, 2011 at 12:52 PM

NO!! You sit in a room and listen to people talk all day long and bore adults to death...I couldn't imagine taking a 4 and 6 year old! (mine are 5 and 7, my mom had them for the weekend). Quite a few people brought their kids to the award ceremony in the evening (lots of whining and crying, because that is a long process too), but not the briefings during the day.

LaryssaT
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 10:30 AM

thx! we wont be taking them now! and, lol, it sounds like ill be fighting to stay awake for it myself! ;)

lanceandhailey
by Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 11:32 AM

They have coffee!! lol I drank it all day long! If they have Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage as an option on day 2 TAKE IT! Pretty funny!

LaryssaT
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:17 PM
Lol. sounds good! we need some laughter right now, upcoming deployment has sucked all the laughter from us! darn vamipres! ;)
usmclife58
by Nikki on Nov. 10, 2011 at 5:37 PM

Nope!

armywife1229
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 11:25 PM

Apparently not. I have no idea, I've never been to one. I try not to take my kids to events, they're good, but I usually cant focus on the event.

themomof3boys
by Member on Nov. 11, 2011 at 7:29 AM
The yellow ribbon events my hubby and I went to had activities for the kids, so the parents could attend their meetings and didn't need to find a sitter for the weekend. I know my kids had a blast during them. But I was bored out of my mind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lanceandhailey
by Member on Nov. 11, 2011 at 9:13 AM

Quoting themomof3boys:

The yellow ribbon events my hubby and I went to had activities for the kids, so the parents could attend their meetings and didn't need to find a sitter for the weekend. I know my kids had a blast during them. But I was bored out of my mind.

That's something to ask about! They were not providing any care at our event :(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)