• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For all those wanting to visit Ireland... And anyone that has been

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:53 PM
  • 7 Replies

Where are you wanting to go? Are you wanting to tour all over, or are you planning to stick to one city?

I was doing homework, and somehow got disconcentrated. I started "planning" our trip for next year. We are waiting on orders to see when we CAN go, but I would like to have the destinations planned so I can book as soon as we get the green light.

There is SO MUCH I want to do. My favorite was a 6 week tour, but that will never happen. I think the best we can hope for would be 10 days. 

Any advice from anyone that has been before?

by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Soniam301
by Sonia on Nov. 9, 2011 at 5:59 PM
I would love to go! Im not sure what I would do though!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yasbobari
by on Nov. 9, 2011 at 6:02 PM
My sisters went and loved it. I couldn't at the time. Boo
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Nov. 10, 2011 at 10:35 AM

we did a 9 day tour thru CIE tours- it was amazing. we went all around the island, did all kinds of tours and ate and drank our way thru Ireland.

a few cons to the tour ( and no we were not the youngest on the tour and no they are not for "old" people) was the time constraints- up early, busy days

the pros- no planning, all we did was pick the tour and the tour company did everything else- hotels, B & B's , tours, shopping

we saw the ring of Kerry, the river shannon, waterford the city since the factory is closed, little towns, a little town that was strictly Gaelic, lol all the signs, advertisements and people spoke only gaelic-- it was fun trying to ask for food in a pub, and guinness and smithwicks are univeral beers :)

our favorite place was Galway- and we want to go back and spend 2 weeks there alone.

oh and we chose the tour so we could see everything - now that we have been we would rent a car and stay in one general location

DizneyMomma2001
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 11:25 AM

I want to go to 2 cities.

Limmerick and Dublin.  

I've read every book by Frank McCourt and I for some reason want to see where he grew up.  And Dublin is just because it's a huge city.

Klynn-whitlow
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 12:02 PM

I would love to go, but couldn't say where exactly. I have never really looked into it, cause it isn't going to happen any time soon. LOL.

Sweety0024
by on Nov. 10, 2011 at 3:52 PM

We went to Ireland for 7 days over the summer.  We flew into Dublin and stayed for 2 days.  We rented a car and drove to Cork and stayed there for 2 days.  Then we drove to Kilkenny and stayed 2 days then drove back to Dublin.  The last day we were there we went on a guided tour to New Grange and saw 1,000 year old celtic high crosses.  If you want any advice feel free to ask.  We saw many things while there and enjoyed the food.  If you go, two places that were great to see were the Rock of Cashel and Cahir castle.  We booked our trip through triple A and got a great deal.

usmclife58
by Nikki on Nov. 10, 2011 at 5:31 PM

I was kinda thinking of doing what you guys did. A mix of both. Thanks!

Quoting Sweety0024:

We went to Ireland for 7 days over the summer.  We flew into Dublin and stayed for 2 days.  We rented a car and drove to Cork and stayed there for 2 days.  Then we drove to Kilkenny and stayed 2 days then drove back to Dublin.  The last day we were there we went on a guided tour to New Grange and saw 1,000 year old celtic high crosses.  If you want any advice feel free to ask.  We saw many things while there and enjoyed the food.  If you go, two places that were great to see were the Rock of Cashel and Cahir castle.  We booked our trip through triple A and got a great deal.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)