Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

EFMP or Humanitarian orders?

Posted by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:59 AM
  • 26 Replies

We are overseas and are having family issues back home with custody we have 3 more years here and to fly round trip for ONE of us is at LEAST $2,000.00 has anyone had any experience with getting humanitarian order or EFMP orders.. if so could you give me some info ..

by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gunsgirl
by Silver Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:49 AM

they will not do anything for custody issues-

this is from the Army site- but it applies to all 5 branches:

Examples of Requests that are Normally not Approved

• Soldier's desire is to be in a new area.

• Divorce or separation that is the result of family separation due to military requirements.

• Legal actions and court appearances for matters relating to divorce and/or child custody issues.

lilnena98
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 9:57 AM

bump

thenguyenclan
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:54 AM

um....are you guys in the EFMP? 

i dont know about humanitarian orders but i know about EFMP...and the only thing that it does really is make sure that you are at a station where you can get access to all the medical care that you need....thats about it....

-Mattel-
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 10:59 AM

have you tried SATO travel?

TallDenverMama
by New Member on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:25 AM
Go to the military Aid Society. I used Air Force Aid. Humanitarian would be orders to place the military member at a base closer to home. I don't know about humanitarian TDY...
armywife1229
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:58 AM
If you're EFMP when you move overseas they make sure there is medical care for you. You wouldn't get sent home for it unless its a new condition.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
armywife1229
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 11:58 AM
You can, however, use space A travel to get home for very cheap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JennyCaps
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:10 PM

DH got humanitarian orders (temporary) but only because his dad is terminally ill and needed help taking care of himself. And since it was temporary we had to pay for everything out of pocket.

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Nov. 26, 2011 at 12:57 PM

Custody issues would not qualify you for either program. :-( 

2LittleLoves
by on Nov. 26, 2011 at 1:00 PM

If you didn't find out you or your child had any issues (for lack of a better word) before you moved overseas but your post has the care you need, then you wouldn't be able to go back home and even then if the post you lived on didn't have the care you needed the service member likely would not go back, it would be just you and the kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)