Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

anyone who has potty trained boys have any advice to share? I am starting to potty train my 2.5 yr old.

( I know Misha is the queen of potty training boys.)

by on Nov. 30, 2011 at 11:51 AM
Replies (11-20):
usmclife58
by Nikki on Nov. 30, 2011 at 12:12 PM

Let Kane teach him!!

Lilysmommy1120
by on Nov. 30, 2011 at 12:14 PM

I ma having the hardest time with luke.. he stands up from the potty and I dont know how many times he pees on me and the floor

Maddies_mom101
by on Nov. 30, 2011 at 12:18 PM

hell kane can't even keep his  thingie tucked in ...... and kane pees like a sissy

Quoting usmclife58:

Let Kane teach him!!

MrsMWF
by on Nov. 30, 2011 at 12:36 PM

Start them off sitting or else you'll just end up with pee everywhere. Other than that it really isn't any different than with potty training girls. If they're ready they'll pick it up fairly easily. We used a reward system to help things along. We chose M&M's...everythime he went, he got 1 or 2. 

My youngest is a little over three. He's got the peeing down good and even goes overnight without diapers but we're still working on the pooping. Sometimes he'll go on the toilet and other times he runs and hides. We just started him in preschool this week so I'm hoping being around kids his age that are potty trained will help things out....sometimes a little peer pressure can be a good thing :)

amberdy
by on Nov. 30, 2011 at 12:37 PM
Daycare wasn't an option. I was a real single mom at the time, not the "my dh is deployed kind". But, hell it got Bubba and Gigi potty trained. I have actually not potty trained any of my four children. Coco decided when she was 2.5 that she wasn't a baby anymore and never had an accident from that day on.

Quoting Maddies_mom101:

trying to save money on daycare if and when I have to place him in daycare..... yeah im that mom LOL

Quoting amberdy:

I didn't potty train either of my boys. I was working full time with both of them at that age, so my mom took care of E and daycare too care of Bubba. Plus, I'm one of those, they will train when ready type of people. Both boys were fully potty trained by the time they were 3 1/2 (gasp).

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Nov. 30, 2011 at 12:37 PM

How do you pee like a sissy?  lol...

I've trained two boys...  One with special needs, what do you want to know?  I started with potty books that we would read together.  My first son used one of those toddler pottys.  (Ick on cleaning them)  My other one went straight to the toilet with a toddler seat you could put on there. 

They both started their training sitting to pee - it changed though when they thought it was cool to stand.

Cheerios works wonders for target practice - didn't notice anything different at breakfast though - lol...

They do make flushable targets - just google, but I thought that was a waste of money...

Boys (on average) take longer than girls to train.  My first took right too it for both pee and poop.  My second took forever to poop.

Good luck!

Maddies_mom101
by on Nov. 30, 2011 at 12:41 PM

lol Kane is my german shepard , he doesn't lift his leg to pee  he squats

Quoting jas_momof2:

I've trained two boys...  One with special needs, what do you want to know?  I started with potty books that we would read together.  My first son used one of those toddler pottys.  (Ick on cleaning them)  My other one went straight to the toilet with a toddler seat you could put on there. 

They both started their training sitting to pee - it changed though when they thought it was cool to stand.

Cheerios works wonders for target practice - didn't notice anything different at breakfast though - lol...

They do make flushable targets - just google, but I thought that was a waste of money...

Boys (on average) take longer than girls to train.  My first took right too it for both pee and poop.  My second took forever to poop.

Good luck!

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Nov. 30, 2011 at 12:48 PM

lol!  My Siberian Husky did the SAME thing!  He would walk up to a tree and get as close as possible and then squat like his sister... 

I wasn't thinking dog...  You guys and these posts are really making my day...  :)

Quoting Maddies_mom101:

lol Kane is my german shepard , he doesn't lift his leg to pee  he squats

Quoting jas_momof2:

Good luck!

SlapItHigh
by Gold Member on Nov. 30, 2011 at 12:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I have 3 boys and just wait until they do it on their own.  My youngest is 2.5 and doing it on his own now.  

teambLue_2009
by on Nov. 30, 2011 at 12:58 PM
2 moms liked this

my son is 32 months old ; it took only like 3 days but is now fully potty trained; i had been bugging him about it ever since he turned 2 but he never shown any interest; i gave him candy and stickers and toys in return for him doing it but none of that ever worked he just never shown any interest but i was also making the mistake by keeping him in a diaper. . last month i tried ONLY putting underwear on him. . he had maybe two or three accidents and then he came to me and said he had to go pee. . he didnt want to sit on his little potty he wanted to sit on the big potty. . so i turned him around backwards and hes done it that way ever since and hasnt worn a diaper in a little over a month; i didnt even have to bribe him - so i would suggest only putting your child in underwear. . dont do the pull ups either just regular underwear and trying to put him on a big potty if hes comfortable with it ! good luck!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)