Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Squadron Holiday parties...

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:55 AM
  • 34 Replies

WHY do they have to be so LAME??  Arrggg....  EVERY idea I came up with to the planning committee was shot down due to lack of interest / funds.

I came up with a Scavenger hunt for the 12-17 year olds, I came up with coloring contests for the younger kids and face painting.  You know - for things ALL kids can do at these "family" events...

But NOOOOOOOO - they want to take ALL of their budget and buy door prizes and beer.  Bad enough it's a pot luck (vs being catered in the past) with nothing to do but chase your kids around while you wait for the next number to be called...

blah - how boring can people be?  And the key spouse?  OMG...  useless... 

ok - done venting...

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WaresWife
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:58 AM
Ours is a potluck, too. And rear det, so only about 25 people total, and I only know DH. Ugh. I'm a little excited, but mostly just bracing myself for a loooong night.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ArmyWifeAshlie
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:59 AM
Ugh, we have the funds but our co wants to "carry over". So it's going to be pretty lame. I'm the treasurer. It pisses me off. Last years party was amazing!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WaresWife
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:00 AM
Oh, an I'm sorry they shot down your ideas! They sound good to me! If they wanted beer, since its a potluck, it should have been BYOB--and I'm SURE local business would have donated items for a raffle, if they has put in the effet to seek that out. I hope you have fun anyway!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmclife58
by Nikki on Dec. 3, 2011 at 12:16 PM

Our is usually pretty awesome. It was last night, but I missed it :(

Aqua_Jen
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:20 PM
Ours is next week. Squadron usually does a lame job so our troop kinda took it over this year. It should be pretty good.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-Mattel-
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:23 PM

I refuse to go at all. lol. They are basically booze feasts. 

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:29 PM
1 mom liked this

That's what kills me...  I know they are, yet they are wanting to promote "family" with these events.  Encourage those with kids to come and bring them...  What's the point if you're not going to do anything for them?

Quoting -Mattel-:

I refuse to go at all. lol. They are basically booze feasts. 

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:30 PM

They have good intentions?  Thoughts?  Words?

But their actions seriously lack...

usmclife58
by Nikki on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:34 PM

Ours does the family stuff (like 6-8) and then the adult stuff 8-until. They have soda and juice and cakes and pizza while the kids are around, and then the alcohol and wings and things like that come out after. They do not make the kids leave or anything like that, but they give families the option to attend only what part they want. 

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:35 PM

That is a really cool idea!

Quoting usmclife58:

Ours does the family stuff (like 6-8) and then the adult stuff 8-until. They have soda and juice and cakes and pizza while the kids are around, and then the alcohol and wings and things like that come out after. They do not make the kids leave or anything like that, but they give families the option to attend only what part they want. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)