Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My husband is extremely pissed off at me and I don't understand why....*edit*

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:30 PM
  • 26 Replies

I hope I don't get bashed for this post. But I really am despereate for advice from people who have "been there, done that".

DH is away for training. He has been gone about 5 days and I just heard from him yesterday. He messaged me on my phone from an e-mail address I didn't recognize. I get wrong numbers and texts ALL the time. So, at first I wasn't sure it was him because it didn't have our full last name. Looking back, I should've realized it was him. Anyways. I had mentioned DD's name to make sure it was him. Then I was asking about how things were going on the boat and what-not. He started getting short with me and I texted that I loved him and missed him.

Well, basically he just got really pissed off at me for 2 reasons :1. I didn't immediately know it was him like the other wives did when their husbands just sent "hey"(his words). 2. In his eyes, I didn't care and talking to him wasn't high on my priority list.

My asking how things were going was me caring. I tried apologizing 3 times and telling him I loved him and so on. He just said you better have paid the bills, I'm done talking to you.

A little while ago he texted asking if I paid the bills, I said yes and he asked if I got enough food(tight pay check) and I said pretty sure. He said K. He just texted saying he hopes I know this shit isn't going to go away qucikly.

I don't understand why he is so angry at me and so insistent on dragging it out. I apologized for my mistake and expressed how much he means to me and he is acting like I killed his dog or something. I don't what I'm supposed to say or do. It's like I don't even know him right now. He never gets this pissed over something like this. He was all sweet and normal the last time he went for training. This time he's just so mad at me.

I understand he probably was imagining me getting crazy excited after his frist message but, he knows I get a lot of wrong numbers and such. I just had somebody call the other day thinking I was their sgt. I mean... was that mistake really that horrible? And is he going to be like this on the actual deployment? I feel like curling up in a ball on my bed crying and never getting up. I feel like shit and I don't think he should be making me feel this way.

EDIT:

Ok. So, I should've seen this one coming but aparently this was all about him again. I didn't do anything wrong. He was having another period of time where he felt that I didn't want to be with him, that I wanted to be with someone else. He was taking out his issues with himself on me. Of course, I jumped to he must be trying to get out when he felt like I was the one trying to get out. Idk. It's a little confusing.

He's acting normal now. We're going to have to talk about this when he gets home. He can't keep flipping on me over things I truly can't control. He needs to sit down and calmly talk to me about these issues. Not freak out on me and have me confused, pissed and hurt.

And we need to actually start talking in counseling. Not "hey. the weather is great today. ok when's our next appointment?". Because it really seems like we never talk about anything important in our sessions anymore and that's a problem.

Thank you everybody for listening and helping me get through that fight. And if anybody has any suggestions to help us prevent these fights that our counselor may not tell us, I'd appreciate it a lot.

marinestattootoddler girl

by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-Mattel-
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:32 PM
2 moms liked this

No idea, sound immature and petty to me. I'd ignore him till he grew a pair of balls.

CountryStrong84
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Damn, how old is he? Ten? I don't think you did anything wrong. He needs to grow the hell up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Stress can make some men act like three year olds... 

chrlstoncharmed
by Melissa on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:34 PM

I don't understand why he's so mad, either. It should have been something to laugh about, not get pissed over. Geez. If my DH got mad at me for something like this, I'd be just as mad right back at him. 

Maddies_mom101
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:35 PM

its sounds like he is going through pre deployment emotions. ( I remember you saying something about him going on a MEU soon right.)

It doesn't make it ok  for him to freak out on you.... You apologized so I would try and just let it lay low for a while...Im sorry momma you are having to deal with this

loving_sitter95
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:36 PM
I agree with the others, you clearly did nothing wrong.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jcldoyle
Tell him to cry a river and float his ship in that. It's period week for men, I swear.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmclife58
by Nikki on Dec. 3, 2011 at 1:36 PM

He is being an ass. Tell him not to even bother calling you until he grows up.

glamorous_mami

wow! yeah he's def. acting like a baby. I wouldnt stress it girl. He'll get over it once he sees u again. Maybe he was upset at work and thought hearing from you would make him feel better. I know my Dh gets like that when i send him one word text, he assumes im angry or dont want to talk to him! I wouldn't stress it!

emmiesmommy1113
1 mom liked this

I am really mad. It's not like he said I love you or anything like that. But I'm also so hurt it's hard to be mad. :(

Quoting chrlstoncharmed:

I don't understand why he's so mad, either. It should have been something to laugh about, not get pissed over. Geez. If my DH got mad at me for something like this, I'd be just as mad right back at him. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)