Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Military Discounts 101

Posted by on Dec. 28, 2011 at 11:22 AM
  • 36 Replies
8 moms liked this

This post is a place for us to share advice, questions and information on Military Discounts. 

Here are some helpful links:

Click here to see the latest posts on the Military Moms group:
Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...

credit cardPlease share your best advice for saving money and finding Military Discounts in the replies below!

by on Dec. 28, 2011 at 11:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Klynn-whitlow
by on Dec. 28, 2011 at 2:05 PM

Thanks!

SSMalone
by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 5:14 PM
if my daughter joins the navy, Do i get any discounts?
adrianna1043
by Adrianna on Feb. 4, 2012 at 5:32 PM
5 moms liked this
If my little cuz Ray Ray joins the military do I get a discount?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USAFamily
by Melissa on Feb. 5, 2012 at 4:17 PM
No sorry. The discounts listed in the discount area are reserved for Dod military members and their dependents....

Quoting SSMalone:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
USAFamily
by Melissa on Feb. 5, 2012 at 4:17 PM
No sorry. The discounts listed in the discount area are reserved for Dod military members and their dependents....

Quoting SSMalone:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tweety675
by on Feb. 18, 2012 at 12:05 AM

Hello everyone, since this is my first time...I wanted to ask you guys if mom's are able to shop at any military base and being able not to be tax...Is there a way our son's or daughters can request a military card for us.  I know it will be different from our kids...An ID that will allow us to bo into base and be able to shop...Why is it that only wife's get this preblish....Mothers are a big part or our sons or daughters life not just wifes....If anyone knows how we can get this type of Id...I would really appreciated....

booklver81
by on Feb. 18, 2012 at 1:50 AM

I'm sorry, but while parents are a big part of a service member's life base privileges (shopping and what not) are only available to the service member, their spouse and/or children.  At least, I think so. Sorry.

Quoting tweety675:

Hello everyone, since this is my first time...I wanted to ask you guys if mom's are able to shop at any military base and being able not to be tax...Is there a way our son's or daughters can request a military card for us.  I know it will be different from our kids...An ID that will allow us to bo into base and be able to shop...Why is it that only wife's get this preblish....Mothers are a big part or our sons or daughters life not just wifes....If anyone knows how we can get this type of Id...I would really appreciated....

cakesm
by on Feb. 19, 2012 at 1:30 PM
Thank you for sharing!

Keagansmama123
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 2:59 AM

No you can't go by yourself.  but you can give your enlisted the cash and go with them but they have to be there and hand over the money seeing as they will ask for a military id

Oddy_Knocky
by on Sep. 9, 2012 at 10:02 AM
2 moms liked this
Um. That's sketchy.

Quoting Keagansmama123:

No you can't go by yourself.  but you can give your enlisted the cash and go with them but they have to be there and hand over the money seeing as they will ask for a military id

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN