Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Military Families Military Families

Marriage & Relationships 101

Posted by on Dec. 29, 2011 at 4:50 PM
  • 20 Replies
1 mom liked this

This post is a place for Military Moms to share advice, questions and personal stories about marriage and relationships.  

Click on the links below to find relationship related conversations on the Military Moms group:

Click here to see the latest posts on the Military Moms group:
Let's Talk! Click here to see more posts...

moms rockPlease share your best relationship advice for moms in the military below!

by on Dec. 29, 2011 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Katrina2012
by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Hi I'm a new navy wife and there is some things that I am still trying to figure out. My question is how do I get my military Id? my husband is in training right now and we have a one year old she need her shots for this month so would i be able to take her on base to get the shots if I can get a military Id? do I need to go to the recruiters office to find out info or do i just go on to the military base? is there a number that I can call to see about these things? please help me Katrina thanks

LOswald0314
by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 3:21 PM

If you make a post in the main forum you will get more responses :)  You should receive a packet while DH is in training.  It will contain the paperwork you need to get your ID. From there, you go on base to get it-just look up where the ID's are made there. Your DH should have enrolled you all in Tricare after getting to basic, so she will be able to go to the base hospital but you need to get your ID first to take her.  Hope that helps.  Where are you living right now?

Quoting Katrina2012:

Hi I'm a new navy wife and there is some things that I am still trying to figure out. My question is how do I get my military Id? my husband is in training right now and we have a one year old she need her shots for this month so would i be able to take her on base to get the shots if I can get a military Id? do I need to go to the recruiters office to find out info or do i just go on to the military base? is there a number that I can call to see about these things? please help me Katrina thanks

babowes
by on Jan. 4, 2012 at 10:45 PM
Thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MCKENJEN000
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 3:47 AM

Hi  my boyfriend of almost 2 years has joined the army and ships out to basic VERY soon and id really like to know what to expect if he'll be able to write often? will he be able to call ? can I send him things from home? just the basic questions thank you ! (:

MCKENJEN000
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 3:52 AM

BUMP!

jas_momof2
by アニメの雌犬 on Jun. 24, 2012 at 12:12 PM

You should make your own post with this - you'd get more answers.  Things have changed a lot since my dh went into basic.  While he was there there were no calls, only letters.  I didn't send him anything other than that until he was in tech school - then I started with baked goods.  Also once in tech school he could call but still not often (his flight would get into trouble and the phone would be taken away)...

Quoting MCKENJEN000:

Hi  my boyfriend of almost 2 years has joined the army and ships out to basic VERY soon and id really like to know what to expect if he'll be able to write often? will he be able to call ? can I send him things from home? just the basic questions thank you ! (:

liladel
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:23 AM

if have a question about something that i would like to have answered?

NavyWife2012891
by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Hi!!! Im a new Navy wife...I already have a daughter of my own..Me and my husband just got married last Friday and he had to leave the following Sunday..My qeustion is what do you guys do to make time go by without your husbands around?

kittie92
by on Aug. 3, 2012 at 1:46 PM

i'm a new army wife and my husband is going into sf and i'm having the hardest time coping with him leaving i won't be able to see him for 3 1/2 months. i'm really anxious

Chimera26
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Hi! I just found the love of my life, the man I want to marry but it's so hard..he was just sent to Alaska and its tough.. One minute I have him the next he's gone..he still has five years to go and I'm going crazy. How do you all cope? How do you not think about missing him every hour..sometimes I feel like its going to absorb me but I love him so much and I want to marry him as does he so I'm just very overwhelmed...how do you cope?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)