Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Looking for military wives in Southern California

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:35 PM
  • 13 Replies

HI there, I am Delaney and I am a wife of a Marine and we are stationed at Miramar in California. I've had a hard time trying to make friends in the area and I was wondering if there were any other military wives in the area that are also looking for new friends :)

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
82ndairbornewif
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Hi :) im an army wife but a bit north of you in ventura
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momof2Stepof3
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 1:08 AM

Ahhhh I miss Miramar best commissary in California IMO. :) I use to live in San Diego many moons ago good look finding friends and be safe come fire season.

Momof2Stepof3
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 1:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Its a trip seeing Army and Air Force in Ventura now. We lived and were stationed at Port Hueneme HATED IT. I worked at the Wal Mart in Oxnard. Have they built the new Wal Mart in Port Hueneme yet? There was rumor right before we left that they were going to put one in.

Quoting 82ndairbornewif:

Hi :) im an army wife but a bit north of you in ventura

82ndairbornewif
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 1:14 AM
We arent stationed here, im from here and moved home during the deployment because dh is getting out after :) i love it in ventura after being stationed all over i really appreciate it here :) nope, no new walmarts anywhere yet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tanya_marieh
by Tanya on Jan. 16, 2012 at 1:16 AM

I'm in spring valley (about 15-20 min away from miramar.)  Hubby is stationed at Point loma

Momof2Stepof3
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 1:18 AM

Ventura its self was nice what killed it was Port Hueneme and Oxnard for us. I ended up having all my doctors in Thousand Oaks because the base doctors sucked and all the ones out in Oxnard were worse. Tri-Care was wonderful to send us to Thousand Oaks for all my special docs.

They were talking about putting the Wal Mart where the old KMart was that went out of business many many moons ago.

Quoting 82ndairbornewif:

We arent stationed here, im from here and moved home during the deployment because dh is getting out after :) i love it in ventura after being stationed all over i really appreciate it here :) nope, no new walmarts anywhere yet.

bramamber
by Amber on Jan. 16, 2012 at 1:53 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gabyunicorns
by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 10:14 PM
I live in point loma not too far... I agree its hard finding friends.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cehw802
by on Feb. 4, 2012 at 10:39 PM
My hubby is stationed at Miramar. We live like 10 minutes from there. I'm A SAHM with a 5 month old baby girl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
claracarmen88
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 11:41 AM
I live in menifee but my hubby is stationed in miriamare or del mar one of those two :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)